AP mag. feature on Virgil

Guest builtbycash

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it officially comes out April 7 but most places generally tend to put them out the Friday before, so if you go looking this weekend, you can probably find a copy. I'd really appreciate if you bought one instead of just reading it at the store, too. It's only $4.99, and it will help show my boss that people will still buy AP even if there's not a swoop-haired emo band on the cover.

Do people realize that music magazines typically cover WHAT'S GOING ON IN MUSIC TODAY? Should they just put Ian Mackaye on the cover every month in some jeans and a nice hoodie? And it's not like Scott and Peter dress these guys. In a couple years the bands will all look back and be like "what the fuck was I wearing?" Big deal. Skateboarding went through this a few years ago, and at first I was a little grossed out by buys in girls pants riding skateboards. But if a guy is just killing it who cares if he's wearing a dress or whatever? Also, once you've gotten too cool for AP or whatever, they make other music magazines. The guys on the cover of Relics are dressed pretty bland. Why not check that out?

Thank you for being intelligent.

Also, who is Peter?

I meant Jason. I think I got AP staff and the cast of Harry Potter confused for a second there.

Guest Admin

I think AP is great. sure they cover bands that we may not all love, but even though they cover those types of bands, they make sure to cover bands that we do care about and are the only bigger magazine doing that.

And as scott mentioned, pick up this new issue on newsstands voting with your dollar (gaslight on the cover is amazing) so that there might not be a brokencyde or zoinks theres ghosts on the cover in a future issue.

AP has always reviewed my records, featured our bands (austin lucas and ninja gun in the to 100, fuck yeah!)

I am so honored to be considered an innovator and am eagerly anticipating this issue. Thanks for always supporting what we do Scott.

Read this last night and saw your name at the bottom Scott! I may not read every article anymore but a decent amount. It isn't in this month, but i really like when they have The Oral History Of... they have done some great bands in that section.

We have some really cool ones in the works for later this year, too. I love love love doing Oral Histories.

I think AP is great. sure they cover bands that we may not all love, but even though they cover those types of bands, they make sure to cover bands that we do care about and are the only bigger magazine doing that.

And as scott mentioned, pick up this new issue on newsstands voting with your dollar (gaslight on the cover is amazing) so that there might not be a brokencyde or zoinks theres ghosts on the cover in a future issue.

AP has always reviewed my records, featured our bands (austin lucas and ninja gun in the to 100, fuck yeah!)

I am so honored to be considered an innovator and am eagerly anticipating this issue. Thanks for always supporting what we do Scott.

That band is actually called Watchout! There's Ghosts, but Zoinks There's Ghosts is a way better name. I was definitely LOLing when I read that.

Guest Admin

That band is actually called Watchout! There's Ghosts, but Zoinks There's Ghosts is a way better name. I was definitely LOLing when I read that.

We call them Yikes there's ghosts, zoinks there's ghosts, and anything goofy we can think of. I thought they were the worst band playing music until I saw a video for Brokencyde

Guest Admin
na this one

[image]

I asked my almost 3 year old who that picture on the FYC cover was and my son Logan said, "That's my daddy". I guess my wife has some explaining to do.

na this one

[image]

I asked my almost 3 year old who that picture on the FYC cover was and my son Logan said, "That's my daddy". I guess my wife has some explaining to do.

You think that's bad? A few years ago Paul Giamati was on the cover of Parade Magazine and he looked just like me in the photo. I did the same thing: showed it to my two year old and she goes "Daddy!" Kind of wanted to kill myself. Still, he's at least a good actor. And apparently quite handsome.

Guest Admin

Do an oral history of William Hung and I will be one of the contributors. I could add such facts as "When William Hung's album was released, it was the number 1 selling independent album in the United States with over 40,000 copies sold".