What bands did you get your parents into?

Guest smccown13

My Grandma loves Pig Destroyer and Agoraphobic Nosebleed...

Seriously though, my mom LOVES The Roots and I got her into Lauren Hill. My dad loves The Supersuckers.

i try to get my parents to listen to my music on occasion, but they won't go for it.

one time i listened to deja entendu in the car with my dad on a road trip and he said he liked it for the most part and "could tell they were really talented" but that he didn't like it when they "got all crazy"

oh, parents...

i try to get my parents to listen to my music on occasion, but they won't go for it.

one time i listened to deja entendu in the car with my dad on a road trip and he said he liked it for the most part and "could tell they were really talented" but that he didn't like it when they "got all crazy"

oh, parents...

when i tried this, my dad said it sounded boring ???

i think that record is anything but boring. as much as i love "The Devil and God..." i could have understood if he said that album was boring, but Deja? opposite of boring.

i also just remembered when i was going to interview Brian Fallon they asked me to listen to their record because i brought home an autographed copy of the '59 sound and they knew i was kind of excited about it, so i put it on in the background and showed them some pictures from my digital camera.

they both said they really liked it.

nothing really but they always let me listen to cds when riding with them and never complained.

I remember a few years ago i was listening to saves the day and my mom asked "whats this girls name?" shit made me laugh.

But last xmas my mom tracked down most the screeching weasel LPs i was missing and she listened to Ben Weasel's new solo album online and really liked it. She asked me to burn a copy but i dont know if she actually listens to it.

I've turned my mom onto tons of good shit. Chuck Ragan, Rumbleseat, Ninja Gun, Gaslight Anthem, Lucero, Austin Lucas, Tim Barry, old Against Me!.

It's kind of funny how much my mom loves Crime and Reinventing Axl Rose. When she first heard some of their stuff from New Wave her exact words were "What the fuck happened to them?"