What bands did you get your parents into?

My dad likes any sort of metal I play for him and also, quite surprisingly, Against Me!. I made my mom listen to The Hold Steady recently, and she liked them.

My mom likes soft rock. my dad young country. overall, terrible taste. I finally bought my dad a Beatles CD this past Christmas because I am sick of listening to Contemporary Christian.

I can't believe they birthed me.

okayokay, some good things my dad got me into :bluegrass, allison krauss, loretta lynn, dolly parton.

My dad is okay with Arcade Fire's Neon Bible record. I tried Thrice's Vheissu on a road trip, we listened to it twice and then he said it was too heavy and put in some of his crap (Christian worship music).

He really likes Bright Eyes. He always asks to hear "Road to Joy." He likes the song, but I think he's more into the lyrics as my dad is a pastor and is interested in the line, "my parents they have their religion but sleep in separate houses"

My dad is okay with Arcade Fire's Neon Bible record. I tried Thrice's Vheissu on a road trip, we listened to it twice and then he said it was too heavy and put in some of his crap (Christian worship music).

He really likes Bright Eyes. He always asks to hear "Road to Joy." He likes the song, but I think he's more into the lyrics as my dad is a pastor and is interested in the line, "my parents they have their religion but sleep in separate houses"

i played my dad bright eyes once. he compared him to bob dylan in the sense that theyre great songwriters, but have shitty voices to work with.

i think that record is anything but boring. as much as i love "The Devil and God..." i could have understood if he said that album was boring, but Deja? opposite of boring.

i also just remembered when i was going to interview Brian Fallon they asked me to listen to their record because i brought home an autographed copy of the '59 sound and they knew i was kind of excited about it, so i put it on in the background and showed them some pictures from my digital camera.

they both said they really liked it.

i dont know man for me i think deja was a boring album. when i was visiting my wife in erie i had plenty of time to listen to my cds. i put deja in and really wasnt diggin it.

Can't get my Dad into anything, but my Mum Loves;(and this is awesome because she schools all the 20 something hipsters at her work and I love her for it)

The obvious ones; Brand New, Manchester Orchestra, meithoutYou etc.

but she likes stuff like

BtmI!

O Pioneers

Converge

Botch

Norma Jean

Genghis Tron

I could go on, she just really digs it when you can tell an artist has gone out of their way to do something new.

My mom's favorite record from the last three years is the 59 Sound.

My dad is awesome. In high school he randomly picked me up one day and took me to Atlanta to see Bad Religion and the Promise Ring (yeah that tour was funny). I've gotten him into the Bosstones, Ben Folds, Gaslight, Hold Steady, Replacements, Descendents, Mxpx, O Pioneers, Northstar, No Doubt, and a host of other bands. He found Radio Head, Stone Roses, and lots of other good, but more mainstream, stuff on his own. I love him bunches.