to iphone or not to iphone

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question on the iphone.

Can you take it and easily use it overseas.

I'm going to London in Later June and will either have an iphone or google phone by then. I know that the Google phone has the sim card, so I can get like a pre-paid service sim card when I"m in London.

Is there something like that with the iPhone, or would I be screwed with AT&T charges

turn off your data roaming or you'll get screwed i imagine. otherwise it's not super expensive, i live in the uk and went to france for a week recently and apart from the data usage my bill wasn't hugely different than normal

Quick question on the iphone.

Can you take it and easily use it overseas.

I'm going to London in Later June and will either have an iphone or google phone by then. I know that the Google phone has the sim card, so I can get like a pre-paid service sim card when I"m in London.

Is there something like that with the iPhone, or would I be screwed with AT&T charges

yes, you can use it overseas, but unfortunately, it'll be a arm and leg, or you can use a pay as you go phone, buy a ton of minutes, grab the sim, and replace it with yours in your iphone. yea, your # might be different, but at least your calls will be like you have a phone there. my friend went to visit his wife, and he just bought a sim, and swapped it out.. and just used it in that form, so he wouldn't have to pay so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I've been feeling like getting the iPhone has been the worst thing I could've bought...all because my fuckin' OCD has been on overdrive. There is tiny, tiny dimple/dent/whatever on the screenprotector film thing right abiove the earpiece speaker and it has been driving me fuckin' nuts!!!...You can only see it when holding the phone at an angle and knowing it's there...but I know it's there!!!...Yeah..I could easily peel the screen guard film thing and put a new one on but no guarantee that it'd be as perfect as I like it and whatnot...

Sorry for the childish rant...it's my damn OCD...grrrrrrr...

hey, at least you guys HAVE iphones TO get smudges! haha

Are you still getting one?

im probably going to wait til closer to my verizon contract is up. i'm not 100% sure how much i'd have to pay to get out of that. apparently my bf bitched a LOT to get out of his lol. i dont think i could channel enough bitchiness.

I'm not saying you're not right, becuase you very well may be and I have no information either way, BUT

Traveling from the UK to France is slightly different than going across the ocean.

i always understood that just being abroad was the difference, you may well be right, though

Depends on what your network charges, and the deals they make with the networks in the other country.

I am on o2 in the UK, when i visited the states i used my phone as normal (texts and calls) to other UK mobiles in America and i made a few longer calls and texts to the UK and my bill wasn't that much different, no more than if i use my phone more than usual in the UK.

The only thing i wouldn't recommend is using the internet, i phoned my network to find out charges and it was ridiculously expensive, but then that's what wi-fi is for.

Are you still getting one?

im probably going to wait til closer to my verizon contract is up. i'm not 100% sure how much i'd have to pay to get out of that. apparently my bf bitched a LOT to get out of his lol. i dont think i could channel enough bitchiness.

You mean...it's possible to get out of a contract without paying a ridiculous amount?

You mean...it's possible to get out of a contract without paying a ridiculous amount?

apparently, if you're a big enough bitch!

also, he used to work as a tech and said dealerships have some sort of special fund/account that if a customer is making a huge stink and is ultra bitchy they just do it for you for free.

the moral of the story: complain complain complain and you get things for free.

apparently, if you're a big enough bitch!

also, he used to work as a tech and said dealerships have some sort of special fund/account that if a customer is making a huge stink and is ultra bitchy they just do it for you for free.

the moral of the story: complain complain complain and you get things for free.

Damn, I should...did he have T-Mobile?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like touch screen phones at all. I have a Blackberry curve and literally my only complaint is the placement of the memory card. It should be on the side instead of under the battery but that's not a huge problem. All my other complaints(not being able to watch streaming videos, no video option) have been fixed by the latest update. I dont talk much on a phone, unless im driving and then its easier to use speaker phone than to text but I use the internet all day when im bored at work and i use the mp3 player while driving. All this and my battery holds up just fine. Plus my texting rate is ridiculous. Something like 10,000 a month so the phone is constantly in use. I can't imagine buying anything other then a BB ever again.