got any good mosh pit stories?

What kind of hardcore do you call The Chariot? I got invited to a hardcore show at 9:30 club (this was 5 or 6 years ago), thought it was my kind of hardcore and soon realized it was windmill kicks and ninja punch hardcore. At the time The Chariot was touring with Fear Before They Changed Their Names, and These Arms Are Snakes. The Chariot comes on and I'm enjoying myself, minding my own business when I get a windmill kick to the face. This is the part where I tell you that the day before I just had new prescription lenses put into my glasses. The glasses are fine after i pick them up off the floor, but then I realize one of the lenses is missing. Buzzkill for Thomas. So anyways a few minutes later, the pit opens up and I notice a flash on the floor, I say fuck it, that has to be my lens. So I dive into the middle of this stupid ninja pit, find my lens out of pure luck, and then the pit closed and I got beat the fuck up. Not cool guys. Not cool. True story.

EDIT: the lens had 2 nice scratches on it, that i never mentioned to my mother.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pits are lame. I enjoy a big rowdy bunch of dudes having fun at a show, but when everyone has to take their attention off of the band to avoid getting kicked in the face by a bunch of insecure dudes, then I'm out of there. The worst pits I've ever seen are back in my hometown, because it's a small place that never had shows until a bunch of shitty metalcore and grindcore bands popped up. One dude was notorious for literally just running around the outside of the pit punching people and not the air. Supposedly someone ripped his gauge out at one show. I would have liked to have seen that.

the first two stories were at local shows when I was in high school. Got hurt by the same friend at two different shows.

First show he got shoved over where his head hit me in the stomach(not a problem) he immedietly stood straight up and his head cracked me in the jaw causing me to bite down on my tongue really badly. I was spitting blood for about 15 minutes outside in the snow. My tongue then swelled up really badly for about a week. It was hard to talk and eat and all that shit. Next show we went to he was crowd surfing and he got dropped. His heal came down right between my eyes and laid me right out on the floor in the middle of the pit with a concusion. I remember just laying there looking straight up with people just going nuts all around me and not even bothering to get up. I had to have a friend come grab me. I thought I was fine but two hours latter I was trying to get a soda from a vending machine and I could even count out 75 cents in change. Good times.

On the tour New Found Glory did with Reggie and The Full Effect the played a smaller place in Seattle called El Corazon. The stage has a support poll right in the middle of the stage. Durring "Singled Out" I crowed surfed up to the stage and knocked over a mic stand. I fix said mic stand then dive back into the crowd. Crowed pushes me back up on stage right during the breakdown part where Chad screams so I throw my arm around Chad and scream the whole part along with him. All the sudden he grabs me by the back of the neck and by the leg, picks me up as if I weighed nothing and throws me back into the crowd. As I'm flying through the air I go right by the poll. I kick my leg out and rocket myself off the pole Prince Of Persia style the opposite way into the crowd. One more time on stage one more dive and the song ends. Fucking awesome.

when i was 15 (1996) i went to see some bands at a local pool hall with 2 of my friends (i think it was HWM, Discount, and fivebynine). there was maybe 50 people in this place but all of them were going apeshit, and during one of the 1st few HWM songs i caught an elbow to the eye. Shit hurt pretty bad and made my vision a little blurry but i kept running around having a good time. after a couple songs i went to the bar to get some water and the bar tender handed me a bag of ice and said i should go get cleaned up in the bathroom. well this made me a little confused, so i went to see what she was talkin about. my eyebrow was split from one side to the other and was just hanging down with blood trickling my cheek. awesome, so i go to find my friends to see if they will take me to get it stitched up but my asshole friends didnt want to leave, so i had to call my dad to come get me.

My dad is a dentist, so when he got there and saw me he said you can either go wait for hours in the ER or i can drive you across the street to my office and i can sew you up right now. I choose for the latter, and it turned out he did a pretty good job stitching up my eyebrow. i think it needed like 16-18 stitches.

when A new found glory opened for saves the day right after through being cool came out they played a tiny show in meriden, ct. my friends and i decided it was stupid that we couldn't dance and have fun even if it wasn't a "hardcore" show. so we did... and as we were one of my friends overheard a girl say in a whiny voice "why are they moshing? this is an emo show!"

all out war also played that place around that time and it was the only time i've ever seen howard jones mosh.

at a bad luck 13 riot extravaganza show at some skatepark in ct there was some dude in the crowd that was really fucking pumped. the rest of us were just there for the spectacle. but this guy was really into it... he smashed a snapple bottle on his head, and it took a few tries too b/c those fuckers are thick. then he took some fliers to soak up some of the blood and then ate the flyers.

saw the dude from dillinger escape plan swing his guitar over his head and crack somebody in the skull, but that wasn't really mosh pit i guess.

saw a full blown riot at a hatebreed show right after satisfaction came out.

saw this dude kyle jump off a balcony that was probably at least 30ft high down to the floor at a weezer show.

other than those... i dunno, seen some fights, seen some blood, ya know... usual hardcore stuff.

Guest falloutcollapse

Broke a bone in my arm smacking it against this asshole's face, broke his nose in multiple places

Kicked a kid in the mouth

Jumped off stage at Rzl Dzl and nobody in the place was sober enough to catch me on time

I saw a guy at the Fucked Up Weekend 2 climb up the speaker stack, what I thought was to get a better view at first, and ended up launching himself backwards spinning onto the crowd. Except he jumped away from the pit so he jumped onto a bunch of people who didn't want to catch him. Everyone moved and he smashed his face off the ground and got up covered in blood. I remember hearing later that he ruptured his eyeball.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':84ibcfpn]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':84ibcfpn]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I was at a local show once and this dude who was a vocalist in this lame ass local tough guy band thought it was awesome to pick up a chair and throw it into the pit. It cleared the pit and hit a girl in the face, cut open a gash above her eye real nice.

Dude didn't even apologise, apparently mumbled something along the lines of "she should know to expect that sort of shit at our shows" or something close to that kind of bullshit.

I saw Propagandhi tonight. Some random dude gives me an unprovked leg-up, surf the crowd to the stage where i do a full frontflip and pretty much land perfectly on the stage without losing my phone, only to turn and jump back in where I coincidently surfed back to the same dude who managed to catch me and not drop me on my face.

I picked him up later during Back To The Motor League though so I'd say we're even stevens.

Saw my friends band play last night (Brit Pop band, not my kinda stuff, but you gotta support your friends). Anyway the band that followed them were a complete covers band and I'm like why have you got a band with it's own material opening for a fucking covers band.

The kid leading this said covers band was real fat. So I heckled the shit out of him because when I'm drunk I'm a bad dude, next thing I know his Mum swung her fucking purse in my face and shouted "It's a thyroid problem". So I immediately think of American Dad and turned and shout "Stop eating so many thyroids you fat fucker".

Top form from his mum though for swinging a purse at a guy who's stood drinking with the bouncer. I hope my mother would do the same.

Guest kevinb

Not a pit story but one time like 4 or 5 years ago at a thursday show some girl yelled at me that I had "taken her spot" in the crowd and that I needed to move... we continued to laugh and she continued to bitch

I caught one guy as he was falling over backwards at a Four Year Strong show last May and he turned round and slapped me. HE slapped ME for stopping him from hitting the floor. Kids these days huh?

said kid would have gotten slapped back so goddamn hard he would have fell to the ground, haha. you should have followed up with the said man-slap back and the challenged him to a gentleman's duel.

anyway, i never got into the whole mosh thing. thought it was pretty dumb honestly. but..

when the whole metalcore/grindcore/imadoushenozzlewhocanchugindropCcore got big around my town and the shows started getting ate up with it, it literally turned into to open season on sixteen year old kids practicing karate at shows for my group of friends.

-if there was a circle pit, we got on the outside and would just leap frog off of peoples shoulders and crash that shit.

-if you were one of those dumb asses who liked to climb on peoples heads with your feet, you lost your shoes while taking a beating to your mid section and choking on your own collar.

-and deffinetely dont be the guy standing in one place making motions like your digging in the dirt because your gonna take a flying cross body much like The Ultimate Fuckin' Warrior VS. Sting.

im also the guy that is picking everyone up if people fall and the one breaking up fights. i dont know, when i go to shows its usually to listen to a band, not get kicked in my face. so when it does happen i usually get pretty pissed. not to mention atl is ate up with tough guys who think when they go to a show no one belongs there but them.