Fest 8

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time you hear someone falling on their head, you can pretty much assume it was nasty.

yeah, but it wasn't at the actual show. it was outside. some dude thought i'd be a good idea to jump from the top of one van to another.. and missed it, and fell back and landed head first.

you ever hear someone fall on concrete on their knees and feel and hear it.. that's how this happened. his friend who was going to jump was just in awe holding his hand to his mouth for what seemed like 2 or 3 minutes. They called a ambulance and everything.. it was not good. If anything he has at least a concussion..

Then I almost got run over by the ambulance. True Story.

Okay, here's who I saw today:

Laura Stevenson & The Cans (so good!)

Eric Ayotte (solid)

Coffee Project (eh)

Small Brown Bike (EPIC)

A Wihelm Scream (fucking brought it)

Strike Anywhere (only caught a few songs, sounded killer)

The Ghost (songs from the first album ruled as expected, songs from the second album were lame as expected)

Polar Bear Club (JESUS H CHRIST THIS SET WAS INSANE)

Now, I await Five Star Pizza and start editing all the video I shot tonight.

this is who i saw:

Scott Heisel (or maybe flood) :P

Iron Lung

Catalyst

Torche (the floors were shaking literally)

Clairmel

Magrudergrind

Coliseum (their new drummer sucks ass)

and a few more that i can't remember at the moment

Good times hanging out with lydia, matt, nicole, santiago, scott, justin, patrick, tom, chuckd, luke, joe, and a few others.

oh and by the way, id like to publicly give a big shout out to santiago, casey, and patrick. without them, i'd totally be fucked (and not in a good way) at fest.

Lots of shit happened... 5th floor slip n slide in the hallway of the hotel, house show with 500 kids, cops getting jumped, kid gets hit with glass bottles. people being shot with rubber bullets, tear gas, and some woman's ass clapping as she walked, and scott heisel and flood (same person) eating a danish ala "lady and the tramp".

Wasn't in attendance for the house show/riot, but Jeff Rosenstock told me this is what went down:

400+ kids show up to house show, spilling out onto multiple yards and the street. Some woman drives down the street and kids jump on her car. She calls the cops. Cops show up and immediately things get escalated -- supposedly a group of kids attacked a cop (or possibly cops, plural) and so the Tazers came out. Jeff also said tear gas was deployed. He said it all happened in about the span of 2-3 minutes, but that it got really gnarly. But from his account and Flood's account (who was also there), they both made it sound like the police were acting in self defense more than anything else, because some dumbass punk kids thought it would be a bright idea to punch cops.