Scariest movies?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ring also scared the shit out of me!

i'm glad that i'm not alone! lol

my boyfriend at the time pranked me and speed dialed my house in secret as soon as it was over from his cell while he was sitting next to me (with his arm over the side of the couch). we were in my basement and my mom answered at the top of the steps and just kept saying 'hello?....hello? ...allison, there's no one there' i was freaking out so much i was almost in tears, haha.

I've never been as scared as I was the first time I watched 'Box,' the final segment of 3 Extremes.

Also, I thought Funny Games was absolutely terrifying.

I haven't seen 3 Extremes, but I know that Miike did 'box' and I like his work.

Funny Games was fucking disturbing. Ugh.

I love Miike, and Box might be my favorite of his. It's pretty different than his other stuff I've seen. If you have Netflix you can stream 3 Extremes on instant.

The Ring also scared the shit out of me!

i'm glad that i'm not alone! lol

my boyfriend at the time pranked me and speed dialed my house in secret as soon as it was over from his cell while he was sitting next to me (with his arm over the side of the couch). we were in my basement and my mom answered at the top of the steps and just kept saying 'hello?....hello? ...allison, there's no one there' i was freaking out so much i was almost in tears, haha.

Even scarier: I went to a show in LA a few months before that movie came out. When I got back to the parking lot a car next to mine had a video cassette on the windshield in a plain white sleeve. Naturally I took it to see what was on the tape. When I played it, it was the exact video they watch in the ring. No ads or coming soon to a movie theater or anything. Just the video. Because they hadn't even started advertising for that movie yet it freaked me the fuck out. A few months later when i started seeing previews and saw pieces of what was on my tape in the preview I knew it was the best marketing ploy ever. Then I saw the movie and was dissapointed. I still have my copy of the tape though.

Even scarier: I went to a show in LA a few months before that movie came out. When I got back to the parking lot a car next to mine had a video cassette on the windshield in a plain white sleeve. Naturally I took it to see what was on the tape. When I played it, it was the exact video they watch in the ring. No ads or coming soon to a movie theater or anything. Just the video. Because they hadn't even started advertising for that movie yet it freaked me the fuck out. A few months later when i started seeing previews and saw pieces of what was on my tape in the preview I knew it was the best marketing ploy ever. Then I saw the movie and was dissapointed. I still have my copy of the tape though.

i love that type of marketing. i don't think i would have slept for weeks if this happened to me, though. images and just the idea of things are very scary to me.

the worst part of the ring for me was when they showed that girl's face in the closet. ugh ugh ugh.