Expedit on sale next weekend @ IKEA 23rd-25th

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they won't price guarantee, just go back, buy a new one, and then walk right back in and return it with the old receipt. If it were a few dollars, I'd say it isn't worth it, but that's nearly half the price. It's worth doing something.

Don't do this, some places give you the money back of what the price is at that time. Return it now, get the money then go back and get it.

I've never been to a single business that doesn't give you what you paid if you have a receipt. I wouldn't think businesses are so fucking stupid that they'd fuck over customers like that.

If you don't have a receipt, then obviously they'll give you lowest marked price, as they should.

i wish i had a place to put this :(

are any of the other sizes on sale that anyone knows of?

I work at IKEA and from what have been told for this TRO (time restricted offer) is that it's only the 32x58" (2x4 cube) expedits, not the entire family/series. The point of the TROs are to drive people into the store and generate more business not just on the sale items (obviously). So those that have already purchased one of these expedits within the last 90 days (as specified as returnable on your receipt), I highly doubt your store is going to credit you back the $40 difference. The point again is to drive foot traffic not give money back. I probably worded that very poorly and may sound harsh, but that's how it is at my store. The sale price only applies to the day of the TRO (first come first served) so you'll still have to show up, get in line and purchase it on that day for $50.

Also, if you're late and think you can just buy a different color, and then return it a few days later for the color you actually wanted your store is probably going to snub their nose at you. Policy is to either refund the purchase price, or swap out for the SAME color if you're unhappy with the one you bought, not a different color. As well as the fact that the entire nation (30 sum odd stores in the USA) are all doing this event at the same time and pretty much wiping out the entire supply in the network. It'll probably be a few weeks before these come back in stock after the sale (at least that's how it was with the Tundra flooring and malm 3 drawer series last summer and fall).

I haven't seen the splits (quantities each store gets) yet, suggestion would be to get there as early as you can. At my store, during previous TROs people have started lining up at 7:30 to 8am, get handed vouchers, are let into the self serve warehouse at 10, and pick up their TRO item at the loading dock gates in the warehouse after turning over the voucher. Vouchers are usually gone before the store even opens.

i wish i had a place to put this :(

are any of the other sizes on sale that anyone knows of?

I haven't seen the splits (quantities each store gets) yet, suggestion would be to get there as early as you can. At my store, during previous TROs people have started lining up at 7:30 to 8am, get handed vouchers, are let into the self serve warehouse at 10, and pick up their TRO item at the loading dock gates in the warehouse after turning over the voucher. Vouchers are usually gone before the store even opens.

I've never bought something this big from IKEA; how do I get a voucher? Can I grab it the night before?

I guess I could just exchange it and repurchase it. Save myself 40 bucks

If they won't price guarantee, just go back, buy a new one, and then walk right back in and return it with the old receipt. If it were a few dollars, I'd say it isn't worth it, but that's nearly half the price. It's worth doing something.

Yeah, that was gonna be my plan, but I just called ikea. They said they could do a price adjustment as long as i come in on the day of the sale and it is within 14 business days of the original purchase. I pretty happy about that because those things are pretty heavy and I definitely did not feel like lugging it back and forth again.

Fuck that. This sounds like a huge pain in the ass and not even close to being worth saving $40. Thanks for posting.

Fuck that. This sounds like a huge pain in the ass and not even close to being worth saving $40. Thanks for posting.

I've never been to another store on a TRO day, so I was just writing how things have gone at my store in Portland. Different stores may do things differently, but we had a few debacles in the past when we didn't hand out vouchers. I would assume most stores would have in the neighborhood of 100-200 units. We're a small store in Portland, but vouchers are always gone before 10am when the store opens here. Brooklyn and a few larger stores (Schaumberg Illinois) will probably have twice as many as we do.

I've never bought something this big from IKEA; how do I get a voucher? Can I grab it the night before?

Vouchers have always been handed out DAY OF outside the front door before we open, never the day before. I'd call your local store. Just be aware that phone numbers online and on shopping lists are local but will forward you to the Baltimore, Maryland call center...you'll have to ask them to physically transfer you to speak to someone inside your local store. My dept, self serve, has a local number 503 area code #, but it's not published anywhere except on cards we've handed out in store, so more than likely if you call you're gonna speak to the call center.

correction: I checked our stock today and apparently we received an entire trailer full of the expedits last night. Portland by itself has approximately 1,500 of the black brown expedits (most popular color based on sales) and a little less than that for the other colors (white and birch). There's going to be a lot of these, but the black browns aren't expected to last past Saturday afternoon around here. Goodluck.