PreOrder: Paint it Black - New Lexicon 2nd Press!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
I think that 99% of the time, that is how all labels and distros send out the records. In mailers w/ no protection i.e. bubblewrap and all that jazz. As sad as it sounds, I have come to always expect all the jackets of records I receive to be dinged up and not-perfect.

Labels and distros don't have the time to baby the records and make sure the packages are bomb-proof and all that. I've learnt to not stress over it anymore...unless the thing is completely demolished of course...as long as the record itself is OK and not damaged, then it's all good.

I agree on this. A slight bent corner, dinged spine or seam split isn't going to make me lose sleep as long as the record itself is in good condition and plays well.

A lot of times new records I find in stores aren't even in 100% perfect condition either, so I'm not one to be picky.

Seems to me they knew this second press was coming (or it is the rest of the first press being advertised as a second press). Think about it...the friends press is blue green swirl (likely made in between the blue and green records they are selling now as a second press).

Your ideas are intriguing to me.

I said this is the other PIB thread:

I can understand the frustration with how these were shipped. Luckily neither of my covers were ripped, but the inserts were. I think that if Rivalry put in the extra $0.20 and 15 seconds into each order to bag them and put the LP out of the jacket it would've made a difference. When people/distros do this it lets me know that they really care that the LP reaches me in the best possible condition. Otherwise its just a regular, lightly damaged mailorder.

I don't expect it, I just really appreciate it.

Whatever, my $0.02.

I said this is the other PIB thread:

I can understand the frustration with how these were shipped. Luckily neither of my covers were ripped, but the inserts were. I think that if Rivalry put in the extra $0.20 and 15 seconds into each order to bag them and put the LP out of the jacket it would've made a difference. When people/distros do this it lets me know that they really care that the LP reaches me in the best possible condition. Otherwise its just a regular, lightly damaged mailorder.

I don't expect it, I just really appreciate it.

Whatever, my $0.02.

FYI at the numbers of sleeves they would buy plastic sleeves at...i'd be surprised if they cost more than 5 cents...the main problem is like with Jade Tree and Think Fast, etc... they sell their records through merch companies and the people that work at them 9/10 times don't give a fuck about what they're doing and could care less about spending 30 more seconds on every order to make sure it's packed well and taped up well enough.

i really dont think this guy gives a fuck that put this record out. hes done doing the label after this release anyways supposably. everytime ive gotten a record from this label, its always been expensive, always sent media mail, always been warped or a ripped jacket, i kind of wish that jade tree had just done the vinyl.

i really dont think this guy gives a fuck that put this record out. hes done doing the label after this release anyways supposably. everytime ive gotten a record from this label, its always been expensive, always sent media mail, always been warped or a ripped jacket, i kind of wish that jade tree had just done the vinyl.

dont know how true or not that is. i know for sure hes doing the lp version of the new verse album. id be surprised to see him hang it up.

where did you hear this?

my copy did not come w/ a digital download.

the code for your digital download was included with your confirmation from email from rivalry when your payment was accepted. the download wasn't available until the street date of the cd. so if you still have that email, you should be able to go to rivalry's site and DL it.

Seems to me they knew this second press was coming (or it is the rest of the first press being advertised as a second press). Think about it...the friends press is blue green swirl (likely made in between the blue and green records they are selling now as a second press).

It just seems to make sense. I could be totally wrong, but I would think it would be more cost-effective for the label to mix the blue and green inbetween the individual colors than just mix them for a short run of first press copies.

It just seems to make sense. I could be totally wrong, but I would think it would be more cost-effective for the label to mix the blue and green inbetween the individual colors than just mix them for a short run of first press copies.

Never even thought of that. good catch.

I really dig the way the blue and green "friends press" came out, looks nice.

my copy did not come w/ a digital download.

the code for your digital download was included with your confirmation from email from rivalry when your payment was accepted. the download wasn't available until the street date of the cd. so if you still have that email, you should be able to go to rivalry's site and DL it.

right. thanks for the reminder on that.

i like rivalry as a whole but he always does cooler vinyl for the release shows.i feel a bit bummed out when you see in their discography wierd mix vinyl. and then the pre order vinyl just turns out to be a boring white vinyl or even just black as with go it alone,black preorder -(grey and black swirl would have been amazing) or paint it black.i mean how many people would have loved to own a copy of the green and blue swirl instead of the black that in reality is a cheaper item to make and not that exciting in the longrun.

I think a 2nd press is a great idea. What if people missed out the first time, would you want to exclude them? This prevents them from having to pay ebay prices for a record that is brand new.

The poly thing kind of sucks. I have had this happen from other labels before though. However I would rather get my record in time, and not wait for them to get more polys due to running out.