People who call albums "CDs" are bad people

why, because vinyl is the in thing now after cd's being hugely popular for the past 20 years?

I don't I'm referring to someone saying "That CD is so aweseom" or what have you. I think calling an album a "CD" or "tape" or what have you retarded. I'm of the opinion that an album should be called an album.

I've also noticed that most people saying "the new CD is so good" are usually idiots.

Here's something in the top ten most annoying things out there. People who pretend like something irritates them so that they can so that they can exhibit their supposed superiority over someone else in a particular field.
This always comes up, and usually a response similar to one that I'm about to say does as well, but...

you joined the party

you're pretending to be "above" those who hate on things, and there's no one in the world who doesn't judge something that other people do or say, so don't even pretend to be above it on the internet.

Here's something in the top ten most annoying things out there. People who pretend like something irritates them so that they can so that they can exhibit their supposed superiority over someone else in a particular field.
This always comes up, and usually a response similar to one that I'm about to say does as well, but...

you joined the party

you're pretending to be "above" those who hate on things, and there's no one in the world who doesn't judge something that other people do or say, so don't even pretend to be above it on the internet.

Essentially what I was going to say, but I figured anything I could possibly say in this thread was just going to cause more unnecessary shit that doesn't even need to happen.

Maybe I worded it wrong. How about this:

I've noticed that most people who call albums "CDs" are people who are either A: into Attack Attack! etc or are people who B: Don't remember the last time they bought an album and listened through it all the way through, and instead jsut buy essentially the billboard top 20.

Hopefully that is a little less "snobby" or whatever I'm being accused of being.

I'm:

1) from the south

2) raised speaking spanish first

3) an engineer with only one college English class under my belt

If we ever held a conversation you would probably strangle me from the improper word useage :D

That being said, I get annoyed by a lot of slang and pointless trendy sayings. I suppose I can relate to that aspect of your post.

you joined the party

Essentially what I was going to say, but I figured anything I could possibly say in this thread was just going to cause more unnecessary shit that doesn't even need to happen.

I've noticed that most people who call albums "CDs" are people who are either A: into Attack Attack! etc or are people who B: Don't remember the last time they bought an album and listened through it all the way through, and instead jsut buy essentially the billboard top 20.

Hopefully that is a little less "snobby" or whatever I'm being accused of being.

CDs are still the dominant media format in recorded music. Why wouldn't people use the term?

This thread is dumb.

this is essentially on the equivalence factor of someone called a movie "A DVD" or a "movie trailer" a "commercial"

downloading a album then saying you got the new cd is like saying you downloaded the new "termninator" movie then saying, "hey, i got the new terminator dvd" is that what you were getting at?

CDs are still the dominant media format in recorded music. Why wouldn't people use the term?

This thread is dumb.

Dumb? Or seriously dumb?

this is essentially on the equivalence factor of someone called a movie "A DVD" or a "movie trailer" a "commercial"

downloading a album then saying you got the new cd is like saying you downloaded the new "termninator" movie then saying, "hey, i got the new terminator dvd" is that what you were getting at?

Essentially yes