1-dimensional actors

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man who defined the genre Will Farell. It's too bad because "Stranger Than Fiction" was amazing but he never seems to do that role anymore.

Also, I think Jim Carry gets a pass as he's done some remarkable work with "man on the moon" "Truman Show" "Eternal Sunshine" and even interesting stuff like "27" (was that it? I don't remember). But yes, most of his comedy has become similar.

the number 23 is to suspense movies what coat hangers in a vagina's are to babies.

also stoked on all the permanent midnight love. my fest roomies rule.

if we're talking about actors made of cardboard: keanu reeves

other than than, ethan suplee. dude always ALWAYS plays the fat sidekick. he's like the default fat guy for movies. or at least used to be, before all those jude apatow dudes hit the scene.

p.s. sorry for any name typos in advance; i'm too tired to bother imdb-ing them.

I came here to say Keanu Reeves, he can only play emotionless robots. (With the exception of the Bill and Teds).

if we're talking about actors made of cardboard: keanu reeves

other than than, ethan suplee. dude always ALWAYS plays the fat sidekick. he's like the default fat guy for movies. or at least used to be, before all those jude apatow dudes hit the scene.

p.s. sorry for any name typos in advance; i'm too tired to bother imdb-ing them.

I came here to say Keanu Reeves, he can only play emotionless robots. (With the exception of the Bill and Teds).

Here's the thing. You can't say someone is one-dimensional and then add "with the exception." The inclusion of that qualifier just means they typically play the same role, not that they are only capable of it.

samuel l jackson, john cusack, nic cage and keanu reeves are not one dimensional. they play a lot of the same roles over and over but on the occasion they do something completely different. jim carey isnt one dimensional, come on guys. he was a complete spaz at first but he has expanded way past that now. anyway, my contributions are kevin spacey and gary busey, but i wouldnt want them to act any other way.

John Cusack.

I don't think John Cusack's one dimensional at all. A lot of his roles are kind of the romantic, loserish character but I'd say his recent movies have had him breaking away from that and expanding as an actor.

Also, I'm biased because he's my favorite actor.

Well, to be fair, I've only seen maybe 6 or 7 of his movies. He's also one of my friend's favorite actors, so he keeps trying to get me to watch his movies, and every single time I'm like, hey, it's John Cusack as a snarky guy making lots of quips.

Keanu Reeves is absolutely 1-dimensional. It doesn' t matter what role he is cast in, he has the same delivery. In Bill and Ted he was playing himself, an idiot that's probably on drugs. Ever since then, he's been cast as a Jesus-like figure and all sorts of other stuff, but he is still just an idiot with terrible, unbelievable delivery.

If he isn't 1-D, he's just an absolutely talent-less actor.

I feel compelled to come to the defense of Michael Cera. Admittedly nearly all of his roles have been the same awkward, bumbling teenager-type, but I think he has a lot of potential. His web series Clark and Michael was absolutely hilarious, and while he didn't completely modify his typical persona, he played much more of obnoxious and arrogant ass than a awkward sweetheart.

I feel that once his current stardom dies down a bit, he'll start to branch out more into different roles.