Michael Jackson funeral coverage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from TMZ

Get ready to have your mind blown. Ready? Here we go ...

-- Michael Jackson signed his will on 7/7/02.

-- Michael Jackson's memorial was on 7/7/09 ... exactly 7 years after the will was signed.

-- Michael Jackson's two biggest hits -- "Black & White" and "Billie Jean" -- were each #1 for 7 weeks.

-- Michael Jackson's three biggest albums -- "Thriller," "Bad" and "Dangerous" -- each produced 7 top 40 hits.

-- Michael Jackson was the 7th of 9 children.

-- Michael Jackson was born in 1958 ... 19 + 58 = 77

-- Michael Jackson died on the 25th ... 2 + 5 = 7

-- Michael Jackson has 7 letters in his first and last name.

I hope that family weeps every day for knowing their use of that man as a meal ticket instead of a son or a brother is the reason he's dead.

Pretty much everything you said in this thread Loki, I've completely agreed with. This the most. I definitely worry for his children knowing now that is the only family they have. Seeing his kid eulogize him broke my heart.

from TMZ

-- Michael Jackson's memorial was on 7/7/09 ... exactly 7 years after the will was signed.

-- Michael Jackson's two biggest hits -- "Black & White" and "Billie Jean" -- were each #1 for 7 weeks.

-- Michael Jackson's three biggest albums -- "Thriller," "Bad" and "Dangerous" -- each produced 7 top 40 hits.

[image]

HOLY FUCK

from TMZ

[image]

It's a fitting tribute so far and they're acknowledging that dude was crazy. I dont see how this isn't news to any music fan. The whole story of his life is incredibly sad, and its rare that you get to see someone destroyed so completely by yes men and sycophants who never sat the guy down and told him to grow up. The dude was a child. Its kind of telling none of the molestation charges ever when beyond "show me yours I'll show you mine." There were no bloody sheets or physical attacks. It was a guy who could only relate to children and was never told "this is wrong" by the people who loved him. He was insane from years of beatings, and when he finally found a "safe" place the people in charge of protecting him only looked out for themselves and never made him grow up. It breaks my heart that we lost at least three or four classic albums worth of adult Michael Jackson music because no one was ever a friend to this man and said "sometimes a man needs to leave childish things behind." Was he a pedophile? Not if you believe the testimony of the children involved in these cases. He was a disturbed man who hated himself for being the "big nosed negro" his father called him while he was beating the shit out of him as a kid. He was trained to not trust adults as a child, and no one who loved him, not Quincy Jones, not Barry Gordy, not his family, got him the help he needed as an adult.

It's far too easy to judge his life without looking at the context of it. I find it remarkable that none of the kids he flashed viewed him as a predator. If a serious psychiatrist ever sits down and writes a book about the guy it'll be one of the most fascinating books about the nature of abuse and the failure of coping ever written. The tragedy of Jackson's life is that no one loved him enough to put their check at risk and set the kid straight. To say this isn't news is to ignore the importance of his 80's run on black culture in this country. He's why MTV shows (or at least showed when they showed) videos by black artists, and for a long time he was an example that a kid from the hood could come from nothing and become the biggest artist in history. This is news homie.

Thanks for writing this JMB. By far one of the best posts and statements I've read on this board in a long time.

Guest adam526

I think it's pretty awesome. Just how MJ's bro's wore a single silver glove today at the memorial, the blue was who Mays was.

It's a fitting tribute so far and they're acknowledging that dude was crazy. I dont see how this isn't news to any music fan. The whole story of his life is incredibly sad, and its rare that you get to see someone destroyed so completely by yes men and sycophants who never sat the guy down and told him to grow up. The dude was a child. Its kind of telling none of the molestation charges ever when beyond "show me yours I'll show you mine." There were no bloody sheets or physical attacks. It was a guy who could only relate to children and was never told "this is wrong" by the people who loved him. He was insane from years of beatings, and when he finally found a "safe" place the people in charge of protecting him only looked out for themselves and never made him grow up. It breaks my heart that we lost at least three or four classic albums worth of adult Michael Jackson music because no one was ever a friend to this man and said "sometimes a man needs to leave childish things behind." Was he a pedophile? Not if you believe the testimony of the children involved in these cases. He was a disturbed man who hated himself for being the "big nosed negro" his father called him while he was beating the shit out of him as a kid. He was trained to not trust adults as a child, and no one who loved him, not Quincy Jones, not Barry Gordy, not his family, got him the help he needed as an adult.

It's far too easy to judge his life without looking at the context of it. I find it remarkable that none of the kids he flashed viewed him as a predator. If a serious psychiatrist ever sits down and writes a book about the guy it'll be one of the most fascinating books about the nature of abuse and the failure of coping ever written. The tragedy of Jackson's life is that no one loved him enough to put their check at risk and set the kid straight. To say this isn't news is to ignore the importance of his 80's run on black culture in this country. He's why MTV shows (or at least showed when they showed) videos by black artists, and for a long time he was an example that a kid from the hood could come from nothing and become the biggest artist in history. This is news homie.

Thanks for writing this JMB. By far one of the best posts and statements I've read on this board in a long time.

Thank you sir.

Corey Feldman showed up to the funeral dressed up as MJ. Seriously:

[image]

Ya know...Just when I thought he couldn't be anymore of a talentless attention whore. It's stuff like this that makes me realize some people just have loose wires in their head. 99% of people would think impersonating a celebrity at their own funeral is a bad idea and at least slightly distasteful. Corey Feldman hears that idea and goes, "Man this is gonna be bigger than Lost Boys 2!"

In fairness to Corey Feldman (...I'm never going to be able to begin a sentence like THAT again...) I think that was one of Michael Jackson's "things". If you look back, a lot of the kids he rolled with dressed like him. I know Corey Feldman did that in the past, as did Maculay Culkin, and that Jordie Chandler kid, who was the first one to accuse him of molestation.

Corey Feldman probably saw it as a tribute. Grief does weird shit to people.