PO: MISCHIEF BREW / ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD: Split 8"

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

MISCHIEF BREW / ANDREW JACKSON JIHAD: Split 8" clear w/ polka dots

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/PPR_AJJ_MB

PIRATES PRESS wins the award on the coolest record on the planet. Not only did they put it out with two artists that I absolutely love, but this release takes advantage of Concentric Grooves. CONCENTRIC GROOVES: Both bands have recorded two different versions of each song (electric and acoustic versions). The vinyl has been mastered so that the songs/grooves run parallel. In other words, depending on where you put the needle, it will play one of the two versions of the songs, and if you bump the needle while playing it it will go from one version to the other. This is a SUPER UNIQUE piece of vinyl!

This has my mind spinning at the possibilities. You could start doing electric/acoustic singles for bands or like in Drag the River's case where they always have outtakes and different versions, you could have those versions on the same record. Fuck man, this rules. We only have 30 so act fast. they will be gone tonight.

Available in CLEAR w/ POLKA DOTS (170 pcs) and PLAIN CLEAR (550 pcs)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, maybe a stupid question...but how is the pronunciation of Jihad...is it gee hod?

One other thing I still don't get the CONCENTRIC GROOVES thing...let me read it for the 5th time again......Wait! I think I get it now....So if you always start the record from the very begining you will only hear the first version ...every time. You have to skip one groove over to hear the other version!!! Now it makes sense...yes I'm a bit slow and supid at times.

Guest Admin

even with our store being f'd up, we sold all 30 copies of the split. I just emailed pirates to see if we can get more. so stoked to play this record.

Guest afsdan
OK, maybe a stupid question...but how is the pronunciation of Jihad...is it gee hod?

One other thing I still don't get the CONCENTRIC GROOVES thing...let me read it for the 5th time again......Wait! I think I get it now....So if you always start the record from the very begining you will only hear the first version ...every time. You have to skip one groove over to hear the other version!!! Now it makes sense...yes I'm a bit slow and supid at times.

yes...two separate grooves interlace. each starts on the opposite side of the other

pretty unique, but not the first time this has been done. I released a 7" with this oddity waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2004

They might be out they were only getting 30 copies...but then again the board has been acting funny for a while now...maybe try again in the morning.

I actually found copies on the pirate press site.. heres to hoping they know ship vinyl ::)

We ship tons of vinyl all around the world. It will arrive safely.

btw, if anyone REALLY wants the advance copies, I'd be into letting one or both colors go and I'll just order something less rare since I'm not a collector, though it would be kind of cool to try and track down a pink copy and test and just have a collection of this release since it pretty much rules

It was posted in another thread.

100 of the pink w/polka-dots

100 of blue w/polka-dots

( as if the concentric grooves weren't confusing enough, the advanced copies have the labels on the wrong sides since we rushed the job to get them to the bands )

170 of the clear w/ polka dots

550 of the plain clear

14 pink with even more polka-dots than the ones pictured for Pirates Press staff.

plus test pressings of course..