Trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

hot topic is going to have a fucking field day....

yep.. it's gonna be like THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS all over again. Alice in Wonderland thongs, pie tins, plates, car deodorizer, clocks, toasters, cake mix, pencil sets, trapper keepers, sticker sets, pillows, bobble heads, busts, board games, monopoly limited edition, car mats, bath towels, etc etc.

Maybe I missed it but Depp looked like the only name I saw. Is he top billing? The hatter was only a part of the overall story.

Over all...Eh...They look less horrifying moving than in the still pictures but I'm still not that impressed.

I'm curious about this too. The Mad Hatter is in the movie for less than 10 minutes. I don't see Depp being a star in a movie for such a short time.

Burton's aesthetic does not mesh with what I feel this universe should look like. I was expecting more surreal images and a more varied color palate. Love Nightmare and Sweeney, but this guy is not the be-all-end-all as every emaciated teen and twenty something makes him out to be.

I'll put this on Netflix once it comes out to dvd.

Ed Wood is probably one of my most favourite Tim Burton films (and one of my top films of all time.)

People should be more like Depp's interpretation of Ed Wood: unrelentingly optimistic and completely dedicated to their passion (for better or worse).

I can't wait for Alice in Wonderland, though. Is it still going to be in 3D?

Even though it comes out 5 months earlier I think Where the Wild Things Are is gonna slay this thing when it comes to originality. Alice just looks like the same regurgitated Burton crap that was cool 10 yrs ago, and Depp is using the same method he used to butcher Willy Wonka.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5oLg2WJ8h0