FACE TO FACE Don't Turn Away Classic COLOR Vinyl

i think trevor is a tool and they went downhill real quick, but this is still my favorite all-time punk rock record. i'm not saying it's 'the best' of all-time or anything, but it's my personal favorite. i have never got sick of it in all these years since it came out.

i am so stoked on this. i have one color dr. strange copy i paid a ridiculous amount for (was my white whale for quite a while) and i've been trying to get cheifwahoo to cough up some others to me, but he won't let go. haha.

i was trying to track down a fat version of this just to have it, but never found one at a resonable price.

i had heard the plant lost some materials for this and/or it needed new stampers made, which is why it was out of print.

i would guess it'll be back in print from now on.

if you watch the face to face dvd you will see what i mean, and read whatever he posts and says. his whole claim to be the godfather is emo is hilarious. if jumping on the emo bandwagon is being a godfather, i guess he is.... some people do like that later face to face stuff tho. i have seen people claim ignorance is bliss is great. i pretty much bailed after s/t. i don't even listen to big choice or over it much anymore tho.

i met matt riddle a few times too and he seems like a really good guy. in college our radio station put on a few shows and the first one was strung out/pulley. the way he got treated was pretty weak, but i think they have got over all that by now, but he wasn't at that 'last' face to face show w/ the other ex-members. but i think that was just b/c he was out on tour w/ NUFAN.

i saw face to face w/o matt during the s/t tour and they were pretty awesome live then...

if you watch the face to face dvd you will see what i mean, and read whatever he posts and says. his whole claim to be the godfather is emo is hilarious. if jumping on the emo bandwagon is being a godfather, i guess he is.... some people do like that later face to face stuff tho. i have seen people claim ignorance is bliss is great. i pretty much bailed after s/t. i don't even listen to big choice or over it much anymore tho.

i met matt riddle a few times too and he seems like a really good guy. in college our radio station put on a few shows and the first one was strung out/pulley. the way he got treated was pretty weak, but i think they have got over all that by now, but he wasn't at that 'last' face to face show w/ the other ex-members. but i think that was just b/c he was out on tour w/ NUFAN.

i saw face to face w/o matt during the s/t tour and they were pretty awesome live then...

over it was the 7" versions though...I prefer some of them to the album versions.

The only album I didn't really like was the last one, just because it was unmemorable, otherwise I celebrate the entire catalog, including Ignorance is Bliss.

over it was the 7" versions though...I prefer some of them to the album versions.

The only album I didn't really like was the last one, just because it was unmemorable, otherwise I celebrate the entire catalog, including Ignorance is Bliss.

more or less my same reasoning theres maybe 3-4 songs on how to ruin everything i liked but other than that i don't find a lot of flaws in any of their stuff. i'd love to see them play some of the ignorance is bliss stuff live. i missed out on the one tour they did for it and would probably one of the few folks in the crowd that would relish in hearing those songs. still my all time favorite band. they're recording some songs now for a new record and recorded a rise against cover for a split with them.

more or less my same reasoning theres maybe 3-4 songs on how to ruin everything i liked but other than that i don't find a lot of flaws in any of their stuff. i'd love to see them play some of the ignorance is bliss stuff live. i missed out on the one tour they did for it and would probably one of the few folks in the crowd that would relish in hearing those songs. still my all time favorite band. they're recording some songs now for a new record and recorded a rise against cover for a split with them.

^^ that sounds interesting...I just found some promo CD that has a outtakes from How to Ruin... on it, including a cover of Bad Repuation. they need to put a compilation of all the previously released covers they've done...whip it, blister in the sun, paiint it black, etc... all the cool shit that they should have just put on the covers album if nothing else.

Matt, for some reason they played the record release show for IIB in Chicago and it was fucking goooooood, they pretty much played old song/new song/etc all night and people were a little bummed, but I loved it...then as an encore played like half of Big Choice because they felt they hadn't played enough from that album that night.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

it'll be on ebay soon for cheap. the classic colors don't go for a lot on ebay.

Duh and Trashed do/did go for decent money. (Someone paid me $90 for my Trashed)

That Propagandhi repress sells/sold for a good bit, too. (Someone offered me $45, which I gladly took.)

Both of those, I didn't even go out trying to sell them - people approached me.

^^ that sounds interesting...I just found some promo CD that has a outtakes from How to Ruin... on it, including a cover of Bad Repuation. they need to put a compilation of all the previously released covers they've done...whip it, blister in the sun, paiint it black, etc... all the cool shit that they should have just put on the covers album if nothing else.

Matt, for some reason they played the record release show for IIB in Chicago and it was fucking goooooood, they pretty much played old song/new song/etc all night and people were a little bummed, but I loved it...then as an encore played like half of Big Choice because they felt they hadn't played enough from that album that night.

supposedly they're covering prayer of the refugee. here's to hoping rise against chooses something thats not called disconnected.

that standards and practices cd is pretty good. was always into trever doing his best morrisey impersonation. i don't think i've heard several of those covers, i'd definitely be into them doing some sort of b-sides/outtakes/covers album. there's so much stuff they've done i've lost track of.

i was never much of a big choice guy. some really good songs on that album but there's some major clunkers as well. i'd actually say i fall into something like this s/t>ignornace>don't turn away>big choice>reactionary>how to ruin. pretty blasphemous to most folks for putting don't turn away so low but just shows how much i love those two other records.

really jealous of seeing that. just from what i hear that whole tour was them playing to a bunch of middle fingers. if you got a chance to hear trever's solo cd most of it is along the lines of ignorance and then some weird techno beats from chad Blinman.

their final show was probably one of the most special shows i've ever been to. never had so much fun at a show. (really funny considering that "last show" dvd is actually the 2nd to last show and not the final show)

i could really talk about this band all day.

supposedly they're covering prayer of the refugee. here's to hoping rise against chooses something thats not called disconnected.

that standards and practices cd is pretty good. was always into trever doing his best morrisey impersonation. i don't think i've heard several of those covers, i'd definitely be into them doing some sort of b-sides/outtakes/covers album. there's so much stuff they've done i've lost track of.

i was never much of a big choice guy. some really good songs on that album but there's some major clunkers as well. i'd actually say i fall into something like this s/t>ignornace>don't turn away>big choice>reactionary>how to ruin. pretty blasphemous to most folks for putting don't turn away so low but just shows how much i love those two other records.

really jealous of seeing that. just from what i hear that whole tour was them playing to a bunch of middle fingers. if you got a chance to hear trever's solo cd most of it is along the lines of ignorance and then some weird techno beats from chad Blinman.

their final show was probably one of the most special shows i've ever been to. never had so much fun at a show. (really funny considering that "last show" dvd is actually the 2nd to last show and not the final show)

i could really talk about this band all day.

I feel the same way dude...i didn't ever pick up the solo record...maybe i'll check that one out finally...though I'm not so into the idea of the techno beats...but then again i love some of Bob Mould's techno-ish rock songs from his last couple.

yeah face to face were like the first punk rock band i got into so I have that same crazy love for them even knowing they were kinda douchebags...the last show documentaries always are like that...Braid played a late show at Fireside the night of their last show at Metro, the Kungfu Rick live album/last show on Harmless was actually their second to last show too...before all the reunion shows...

I'll put together a comp of what rare songs i have and post em for you.

I got into these guys a few years ago right as they were breaking up, Reactionary was the first album I picked up. Since then i've bought everything they've done and I gotta say, Ignorance is Bliss is definitely my favorite. I saw Trever on his solo tour and was thrilled when he played some songs off of it. Big Choice and S/T fall right below it in terms of favortism, while Don't Turn Away and How to Ruin Everything are my least favorites. I can't wait to see them in Philly with Pegboy next month