I have the best job in the world

I'm a night auditor at a pretty nice hotel. I work 11 PM until 7 AM, and in that eight hour shift I have about an hour of work that I'm responsible for. I'm done with the stuff I have to do by 12:30, and then the rest of the time is my own. I watch an average of 3 hours of [adult swim] a night. I spend some of my shifts high and max out on freshly baked doughnuts that we have delivered every morning. My friends can come hang out with me and use the pool. Tonight I brought my 360 and played Arkham Asylum for the majority of my shift. I am getting paid for this.

There is also a liquor cart thing that they never lock up, but I'm a bit too in love with this job to steal their booze.

my job used to be sort of sweet like this. i used to work friday night from 4pm to 6am and saturday and sunday from 6pm till 6am. it sucked working weekends but after about eight o'clock the store would be empty and i would just read and watch movies and sleep. i had a door buzzer set up so if it opened it would go off. there were a couple of sketchy situations but for the most part it was awesome being off four days a week and doing whatever.

i still do the same thing, except now its a nine to five, or seven to four i should say. i have to work the occasional saturday but im away from the public and dealing with only counties which honestly i havent decided if they are worse or not. at least they dont smell like truck drivers, at least not over the phone. i used to sell truck parts, now i sell school bus parts. same pay, except im salary so no overtime, my bonus got a lot bigger though.

Goddamn! I'm barely half that. $8.75 an hour.

Is this like a summer job, or your real I'm a big kid now job?

I would not rank a job that pays less than $9.00 an hour as the best job in the world if it was not just a temporary summer gig.

I don't know about you, but my time is worth more than that -- especially at 4:00am. I'd much rather do actual work and get paid accordingly.

Based on the time stamp I'm assuming you wrote this at work. Unless you're using a phone or your own laptop, you're using a work PC posting on a forum with your real name, location, and job description. Not exactly hard to track you down and see what you're doing at work if your boss is curious.

i used to work as the lone clerk at a sports equipment store that was a mob front. i worked there for 8 months, never rang up a single customer... as we were the only store in an otherwise empty strip mall. i spent all day watching tv in the back room, or whipping lacrosse balls against the empty store fronts outside. ten bucks an hour to do absolutely nothing... it was a pretty sweet gig

For me, the perks wouldn't be worth the shitty pay.
I would not rank a job that pays less than $9.00 an hour as the best job in the world.

I don't know about you, but my time is worth more than that -- especially at 4:00am. I'd much rather do actual work and get paid accordingly.

I had a job working 9pm to 7am four days a week. And even at $25 that shit was not worth it. I had no social life. I was always messed up during weekends always trying to "reverse" my sleeping patterns. Missed a boatload of shows. Hardly saw any of my friends. I basically lost a year of my life doing that shit.

I manage a self-storage facility. I get paid $12/hour plus a free 2 bedroom apartment with free utilities. I spend most of my time on the board, but I also spend quite a bit of time watching movies on Netflix. I was planning on taking some online courses this semester, but my school fucked me over, so I will compensate by really working on my novel for the six months until next semester.

EDIT: I also find a fair amount of abandoned stuff. I've recently found a DVD player and 27" Sony TV, a Cannondale mountain bike and a skateboard. I can't remember everything I've found, so that's just the stuff from the last couple weeks.

I manage a self-storage facility. I get paid $12/hour plus a free 2 bedroom apartment with free utilities. I spend most of my time on the board, but I also spend quite a bit of time watching movies on Netflix. I was planning on taking some online courses this semester, but my school fucked me over, so I will compensate by really working on my novel for the six months until next semester.

EDIT: I also find a fair amount of abandoned stuff. I've recently found a DVD player and 27" Sony TV, a Cannondale mountain bike and a skateboard. I can't remember everything I've found, so that's just the stuff from the last couple weeks.

If that Cannondale is in good shape and is a somewhat newer model, I'd be throwing that shit on the bay post haste.

That's a pretty $$ brand.

I play middle schoolers in basketball, four square, and any other playground game during the summer, and in the winter I either run a score clock or read in the office of an ice rink while "managing". I get free food, but the pay is nothing. I use this job as a way to build up savings. My other job is subbing until I find a real teaching job, but at $100 a day it's not bad, and I can work 5 days a week easy. I'm lucky my rent is so low, because I'll be rolling in money soon. My living expenses are SO low.

this is my last week at my summer intern job. working in a science lab for $10/hr...its interesting and i live with my parents in the summer so i've basically spent nothing. next week is back up to school though, not sure if i'll get a job...might apply for an unpaid internship at magic hat brewery though!