What % of dudes on VC have beards and/or glasses

jhulud

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glasses and facial hair over the years:

[image]

Circa 1998. I was 19. Taken in Toronto. My friend needed some headshots for a photography class. My glasses were magenta colored, but you can't tell in the black and white. Ubiquitous stubble beard and sideburns -- my trademark since 1995.

[image]

Circa 2002. I was 23. I had these glasses for 5 years from 22 through 27 until my puppy chewed them to shit. The exterior face was black and the interior and arms were honey colored. I loved these specs. Again, ubiquitous stubble beard and sideburns.

^ My dad has that problem. He has very light sensitive eyes. However he's always liked his regular glasses tinted pretty dark so it looks like he wears sunglasses all the time.

I think you should get rad clip-ons. Flip 'em up when you're indoors and people will know not to mess with you.

Glasses, mustache and goatee!

Why this set-up, do you ask? Let's break it down!

1.) Everyone in my immediately family has glasses! (Genetically destined!)

2.) I can only grow facial hair from my jawline down! (No beard for me!)

3.) Without it, I look like I'm a freshman in high school!

4.) The ladies love it! (Sarcasm!)

5.) How else do I pay tribute to VINCENT PRICE!!???

the one thing I hate about having glasses is that I NEED to wear sunglasses when I'm outside, so switching between two pairs is a major pain in the ass.

Im the same way and I hate it. I always have to have my gf carry the pair Im not using at the time in her purse then switch them out back and forth. So annoying.

Was this photo taken in Cranston?

no, its in providence at the liberty elm diner on elmwood ave. its by the roger williams park zoo.

Ahh, right. I like that diner. That is pretty close to Cranston though - I used to live on the other side of the park in the "Edgewood" part of town. Closer to the bay I guess…

• 3 weeks later...