favourite the smiths song ???

I had a small competition thing with my closest friend to see who could tolerate what we assumed was the worst music so I stuck him with listening to Poison and he stuck me with listening to the Smiths.

Now I have The Smiths in my top last.fm listens and there is absolutely nothing I like about them or their music. How is it that Poison is the lesser of 2 evils?

Question. I love the Smiths, but I'm not super in to Morrissey. Is there a Morrissey compilation similar to "The Very Best of The Smiths" that I can check out to get in to some of his basic tracks? Thanks.

i saw a greatest hits morrissey the other day and i noticed i liked maybe two of the songs they chose and left off all of my favorites, so i wouldn't/couldn't recommend a best of. but definately find a non-live version of jack the ripper (actually colin meloy did a really good cover of it). my early burglary years might be a good intro.