Cheap Eats... Whats Your Favorite?

mrc

PBnJ!

I pretty consistently have no money since I'm always paying off shit for the label so I don't think I ever really escaped that mentality...I'm also the MacGuyver of cooking, my girlfriend is always yelling at me because I never have any food, but then I'll whip something together and she is always like...how the fuck did you make this, you don't have anythig here?!?!

get resourceful...also eating vegetarian saves a LOT of money.

I have rocked a PBnJ 3 of the last 4 days for lunch. so easy yet so good.

Im not a vegetarian but my girl is so our freezer is packed with every kind of morning star product.

neither am I but keeping frozen morning star or generic dried soy crumbles are the way to go...just invest in some spices and you can you'll never realize it.

I have rocked a PBnJ 3 of the last 4 days for lunch. so easy yet so good.

Im not a vegetarian but my girl is so our freezer is packed with every kind of morning star product.

neither am I but keeping frozen morning star or generic dried soy crumbles are the way to go...just invest in some spices and you can you'll never realize it.

Yeah, i actually really like most of the Morning star products. And i eat it all the time. Its way easier to use morning star/soy meat products and cook 1 dinner that we can both can eat, than cooking 2 dinners (one w/ meat and one with out).

I have even brought some Tofu into dinner sometimes, but you really need to season the fuck out of that stuff.

I have felt like i could make the switch over to be vegetarian without any huge issues but something is holding me back... probably cause Steak and bacon are soooo good. Who knows.

Rice. You can buy a 5lb bag for $5. That'll feed you almost nightly for 1-2 months if you portion it right. I love rice.

Also I read grocery store sale ads every week. Once I see meat that I'm interested in sale, I buy as much as I can fit in my freezer. A couple weeks ago boneless skinless chicken breasts dropped to $1.60/lb. My girlfriend and I bought $40 worth. AKA enough for 20 meals for us.

It amazes me that most people don't know how to take advantage of grocery stores instead of the other way around.

bean burritos/tacos

This. Last night the lady and I made tacos with refried beans, onions, cheese and sour cream. So good and it was all very cheap.

Also, if you don't already, check to see if there are any discount grocery stores in your area (Aldi, Bravo and Save A Lot are the ones I can think of off the top of my head). We've saved over 50% on groceries the last couple of trips versus what we were paying at Publix.

i make a mean grilled cheese with tomatoes, jalepenos, stone ground mustard, other ingrediants and some cheese (not american..blaugh) and wheat bread (yes i'm weird i don't use white bread for anything).

i rarely ever cook, but since i moved i am forced to go to the grocery store since there is nothing in walking distance to cook. And i looooovee sandwiches and dry foods so... for $4 i can make about 2 decent meals for two days which isn't too bad..

i can't eat ramen because it literally makes me sick to my stomach. It's more a bad experience with food poisoning and ramen triggered it so now i can't eat it.