What's the most you've ever spent on a record?

kylet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$40 for Mineral's The Power of Failing.

i have no idea what this records worth, but i'm sure it was worth 40 bucks. probably the best price per content in this thread.

i paid 280 bucks for like 9 suicide file records including a test and a friends press /7.

i was super close to paying a guy 300 bucks for the white copy /92 of the texas is the reason lp and the white one with the name not on the cover /6 but then he decided to keep em.

i spent $200 on one on my Reinventing Axl Rose test presses (i have 5 now) but i don't feel bad at all about considering Var got the money, and he's hooked me up with retarded deals on all kinds of other records i've bought from him over the years.

Most of my other big ticket records i've gotten deals on straight from the labels or the bands (a free copy of Against Me! - S/T, $60 for Alkaline Trio - I Lied my Face Off test press, etc)

If you want to get rid of that ILMFO test, I'm here... Just sayin'. :)

thats actually the 2nd one i've owned... and the first one wasn't numbered or marked at all... but i had to sell that one when i came up a couple hundred bucks short a few days before the closing on my house

I recently spent $80 on an original Man's Ruin version of the first Queens of the Stone Age album. However, I can easily justify this since I've seen the bootlegs fetch $50+. Also, I am attempting to collect everything on Man's Ruin and considering how high the early Desert Sessions go for, $80 is a steal - especially since QOTSA s/t is an awesome album whereas the Desert Sessions are more 'meh'.

I've also spent large amounts on some of my Man's Ruin 10"'s, but it all evens out since I paid $5-$10 on about half of that collection. So I don't mind the odd $40 record (which is what I paid for the Electric Wizard and Kyuss 10"'s).

I used to spend a bunch on records. but now I have a budget and trying to keep my spending waaaay down. I know I dropped some cash on paint it black records, but sold a few of them off to get an engagement ring, so that worked out.

The last expensive thing I got was around $50 for a Gunmoll - Board of Rejection test.

I try not to go too overboard with purchases, but 3 that come to mind are:

$200 for Bad Religion - Into the Unknown

$100 for Converge - Jane Doe, root beer colour

And when you factor in the exchange rate and the fucking ridiculous UPS brokerage charge, Mastodon's Box Set cost me over $400.

125 for misfits 3 hits from hell

100 for misfits - wolfsblood

80 for botch - american nervoso

75 for lawrence arms - greatest show on burgundy

55 for botch - an anthology

it makes me feel better spending more on certain records if i got my money from selling other records i havent listened to in years.

hmm.....for my list.

$1000 nofx - liberal animation (burgundy)

$900 misfits - earth ad (clear)

some other records i've had that i paid well over $100 for

raggedy anne - s/t 7" (blue)

dropkick murphys - fire and brimstone 7" (red)

tiger army - temptation 7"

tiger army - temptation 7" (acetate)

tsunami bomb - mayhem on the high seas 7" (purple)

tsunami bomb - mayhem on the high seas 7" (test press)

plinky / tsunami bomb - split 7"

copyrights - aotu 7" (test press)

alkaline trio - sundials 7"

misfits - 3 hits from hell 7" (all 4 variations)

misfits - halloween 7"

misfits - horror business 7" (yellow)

misfits - night of the living dead 7" (black)

misfits - legacy of brutality 12" (red)

misfits - legacy of brutality 12" (white)

samhain - initium 12" (red)

way too many nofx records to name

$1K on Liberal Animation?? Wow, that's intense!