Zombieland. Don't read if you haven't seen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing. make sure you stay after the credits.

Damnit. What happened? I wanted to stay, but my friends didn't. (I think it's safe to say, as this is now the spoiler thread)

it was Bill Murray and Woody Harleson do Caddyshack quotes. hilarious. add moviestinger.com to your bookmarks or phone or whatever. I always check it on my iphone before I leave the theater.

I'm not sure. It's like, I know when I'm watching a zombie movie. I don't really need to be reminded. Plus they've got everything so figured out. I understand that's it's post apocalyptic and all that, but I think I wouldve liked it better if the main character didn't know what was going on (kinda like 28 days later) or if it took place at the beginning of the outbreak. The fact that they called them zombies kinda made it feel like a cash in on zombies being a hip fad.

If it's a real life situation, then sure. But for the purposes of the movie I felt like it was too easy and too obvious to use. "Undead" wouldve been fine. Whatever. No big deal though.

And if a whole "real life" argument would be made, I think two girls who can scheme a couple of dudes with guns, and have survived thus far, would have been smart enough todogure out that turning on everything in the amusement park was an absolutely GOD AWFUL idea.

I'm not sure. It's like, I know when I'm watching a zombie movie. I don't really need to be reminded. Plus they've got everything so figured out. I understand that's it's post apocalyptic and all that, but I think I wouldve liked it better if the main character didn't know what was going on (kinda like 28 days later) or if it took place at the beginning of the outbreak. The fact that they called them zombies kinda made it feel like a cash in on zombies being a hip fad.

So every zombie movie should take place in a world where no zombie movies have ever been made and no one understands the concept of zombies?

So every zombie movie should take place in a world where no zombie movies have ever been made and no one understands the concept of zombies?

Uh he didn't know what the fuck was going on when that girl attacked him, obviously the movie starts a Long While after the zombie outbreak i mean the kid has a list of 33* rules all mapped out and he follows them habitually, also....not calling zombies zombies?

i'm so confused.

calm down, folks. i was stating my opinion here.

Wait, so it's okay for us to refer to zombies as zombies but approximations of us in film aren't allowed to call 'em zombies? That makes zero sense.

i never said they weren't allowed to, or that they shouldn't have. all i said was that i didn't like that they were called zombies. it's obvious the movie was shameless about the fact that zombies were in it, and i think that's what bothered me. i wish they were a little more clever/creative about it.

i wouldn't say so. and i didn't suggest such.

Uh he didn't know what the fuck was going on when that girl attacked him, obviously the movie starts a Long While after the zombie outbreak i mean the kid has a list of 33* rules all mapped out and he follows them habitually, also....not calling zombies zombies?

i'm so confused.

you quoted me in your post, and i can basically point back to that. i acknowledge that this is a post apocalyptic film. i said that i probably would've liked it better if it started at the BEGINNING of the outbreak, or somehow was just "dropped" into the situation (like 28DL). i know this movie starts awhile after the outbreak.

as for calling the zombies "zombies," it just kinda made me cringe. i had that feeling when i first saw the trailer and saw that it was called "Zombieland." i mean the dude refers to it as "z-land." but hey, if the nature of the movie is supposed to be a zombie outbreak in our present, zombie loving culture, then cool. refer to em as zombies as much as you like. all i'm saying is that i didn't like it in the movie.