Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG BIG BIG football fan (soccer, not nfl). If my SS is from Europe, just get me a soccer scarf from your country/Team, and I'll be so stoked!

This would be an awesome idea for me too. MLS teams included!

Hey CJ!!!

Wanna trade gifts? Send me a scarf from the flames, I'll send you one from the sens!!

Hey CJ!!!

Wanna trade gifts? Send me a scarf from the flames, I'll send you one from the sens!!

i dont even think the flames make scarves... i hate the flames so much, i'm an oilers fan... if i can find one i'll let you know!

I'll take an Oilers one then, I like them better anyway!

I'm going to the sens game saturday, I'll pick one for you! Usually, you sign for a credit card and they'll give you one. Just don't forget to call to cancel the car after!

I love,

-Soccer (U.S. National Team and Liverpool FC)

-Old school noir type of novels and movies

-Matthew Good, Neil Young, The Gaslight Anthem, Owen and My Morning Jack are my favorite artists.

-Baseball (St. Louis Cardinals)

I just started buy art prints too.

So, to my secret santa, thank you!

Hi secret santa,

whoever you are this is what i'm into:

baseball team: white sox

into comic books

book books: everything from harry potter to vonnegut to douglas adams to henry rollins to neil gaiman to to jean shepherd to non fiction stuff like michael moore/political text to howard zinn, richard dawkins to elmore leonard...also way into cooking, so cool cookbooks work too.

TV: i almost exclusively watch the food network.

you can probably ask/PM Aaron Danger for advice on shit or if need be my girlfriend too.

favorite bands: Springsteen, Pegboy, Avail & Tim Barry, the Bomb, weird classic rock like Yes, Pink Floyd, etc..., Tom Waits, Nick Cave, J Church, Sick of It All, Capital, ok...most of the bands on my label i could name...yeah...

large / xl shirts i guess...

to whomever it may concern:

i like music, lots and lots of music. all styles, even noise and gibberish. i love local bands, i'd be curious to hear some of your favorites! my list is still being updated, i slept on updating the last year. sorry, check back in a few days and i think i'll FINALLY be caught up again!

last year i sent my person a box of local records and a crapload of stickers, etc. local = awesome. support your local scene! :D

Dear Secret Santa,

-My googledocs list is a pretty good indication of what kind of tunes I'm into.

-I'm an avid reader with a pretty tiny collection. Faves are Vonnegut and Cormac McCarthy.

-I wear size Medium shirts and hoodies

-I'm a huge movie buff, but haven't bought any movies except Coraline in the last year.

Your buddy,

Jordan

Hello SS. Here are some things that I dig:

Sports (Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bulls)

Music (Favorites: Elliott Smith, Sigur Ros, Murder by Death, Bomb the Music Industry! Anything similar to any of those is golden)

Movies (Favorites: Scorsese, Kubrick, film noir)

Booze

I like clothes and wear a S.

I also like reading comics and real books.

I also like you.

Dear Secret Santa,

- Sports (baseball [st. Louis Cardinals] and football [Denver Broncos])

- Books (I prefer non-fiction... good stuff about baseball, weird statistics or economics [think Freakonomics or The Drunkard's Walk {both of which I've read}], history, pop-culture, music, photography, etc.)

- Batman!!!!!

- Music (check out my Google Docs link... some of my favorites include NOFX, the Lawrence Arms, the Hold Steady, Archers of Loaf, Pavement, etc.)

- Shirt size = Large

Word.

People are being really specific about what they want. Kind of takes away from the fun of a secret santa. "here's what I want a stranger to buy for me."

I like: punk rock, garagey punk rock, and pop punk rock. Screeching Weasel is my favorite band, but I also dabble in a ton of others. Descendents, Rancid, NOFX, Jay Reatard, anything on Douchemaster, Rob's House, etc. My record list in my signature can paint a solid picture.

I also like the Boston Red Sox, my dog Jack (who is a Wheaten Terrier), my wife (who is a hot blonde). I don't read comics, but I dig superhero related stuff. I like the Simpsons, Family Guy and a lot of other television. A Clockwork Orange is my favorite movie. I like obscure arty things. I like beer. I like vodka. I like snacks. I eat meat. I have a beard.

I'm sure there's more, but that'll do for now.