Official Secret Santa 3.0 (2009)

hmm I think I know what I'll be giving my person but I'll be waiting till I see the post here for sure.

likes-

Baseball (White Sox)

Football (Packers)

my favorite writer is John Swartzwelder and I only have "the time machine did it" by him

The Back to the Future trilogy

I love Pixar movies/stuff

I need...

futurama vol. 3

simpsons season 10 and 11

30 rock season 3

I really like Flight of the Conchords and need their newest LP ;)

thats all I can really think of right now, I'll be updating my tradelist this weekend

[edit] I should add that I really dont care what I get :P these are just my favorite things and things I need lol thanks!

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally got a message from j telling me i need to put something in here.

was hoping i wouldn't have to do this.

i like most of the bands in my tradelist.

i love all boston sports teams except the bruins (go habs!)

i like smoking weed from different parts of the country but that may be a little risky to mail.

i wish i read more so any cool books would be awesome. i think the only books i own are post office by bukowski and catcher in the rye.

but really, i don't care what i get. even if you have to make me something cool, or if you spend 2 bucks i really don't care one bit.

i only did this cause besides the conception that i'm a dick, i love giving things and seeing people happy with what they get.

for my SS: I like funny stuff. dalmatians (especially anything LUCKY from 101dalmatians). i know! dorky.

gift cards are cool, records are cool, I'm into alot of the older indie/emo/ stuff. my tradelist is way incomplete and way out of date. i have a girlfriend who is in school for radiology and anything to take stress off of her is good too! i like strawberry muffins as well.

also not planning on shiping mine until dec 1st so i have time to obtain my "special" gift for my Secret Santa.

hi secret santa,

i like a bunch of stuff like music, hockey (go habs!), records, good beer, key lime pie, photography, nature

but really, i don't care what i get, as long as it can cheer me up, don't get me a rope cause there's a good chance i might use it..for further explanation go see this thread:

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39841

i'm probably joking about that rope thing, cause i believe that life will be beautiful again someday..

a tidbit about me...

1. my favorite band is bad religion... you don't need to necessarily get me something bad religion related but sneaking a BR reference in (even if you simply draw a crossbuster on my package or something) will probably make it the best SS present ever.

2. i'm also all about calvin and hobbes.

3. Ice Hockey is my sport of choice... Washington Caps for life!

4. The Simpsons is my favorite tv show of all time. We have a Simpsons shrine in our house... it's pretty epic but could always use more additions whether it be posters, pictures, action figures, or other simpsons memorabilia.

5. I also really like science-ish books... Carl Sagan is my favorite author. Pretty much awesome books that make you think and look at the world in a different way than you previously thought to.

6. my tradelist is mad out of date but ill pretty much be into any records i receive. vinyl rules!

hope that helps!

Hey Mike and Justin, is it possible to send a message to all SS to make sure to post on this thread for their likes/dislikes?

I am sure there are quite a few that have yet to do it...It can only help.

I will try, though Mike might be unavailable due to some urgent family stuff, so I'll see if he can do this.

a tidbit about me...

1. my favorite band is bad religion... you don't need to necessarily get me something bad religion related but sneaking a BR reference in (even if you simply draw a crossbuster on my package or something) will probably make it the best SS present ever.

2. i'm also all about calvin and hobbes.

3. Ice Hockey is my sport of choice... Washington Caps for life!

4. The Simpsons is my favorite tv show of all time. We have a Simpsons shrine in our house... it's pretty epic but could always use more additions whether it be posters, pictures, action figures, or other simpsons memorabilia.

5. I also really like science-ish books... Carl Sagan is my favorite author. Pretty much awesome books that make you think and look at the world in a different way than you previously thought to.

6. my tradelist is mad out of date but ill pretty much be into any records i receive. vinyl rules!

hope that helps!

I dunno if I've said this before, but I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth! Do you have The Complete Calvin and Hobbes? I got that puppy a few XMases ago.

ok, so i checked the thread and these are the people who havent put up a like/dislike thread:

done...

that's pretty much it.. if you justin, can message your peeps, that would be awesome and i'll do the same for mine. i think we have about 4 or 5 on each of our lists, so it isn't too bad... hope this helps.

and id like to apologize in advance. if i so happen to fall off the face of the earth for a while, please understand i have some family matters to attend to and i might be off for a while. so if i don't respond to messages within a day or what not, please refer to justin on any other matter regarding the Secret Santa thing. I will most likely post something quick to let you all know, so at least you are aware i'm gonna be out of commission. But for now, i am available for any questions or comments for the time being.

mike

Ok, SS, here's what I like:

Records, obviously. There are a lot of things in my wantlist, and not all of them are hard to find or out of print. That Slint LP, for example, is easily found new for under $10. I really want the older Shipping News records. Of course, if you wanted to send me a copy of Chung King Can Suck It, I wouldn't object.

I'm also interested in the final issue of At Both Ends zine with the 2x7".

My other interest is reading, both fiction and non-fiction. Some books I've been interested in owning:

John Fante - Ask the Dust

Burning Fight

John Joseph - Autobiography of a Cro-Mag

I also commute to work on my bike every day, 20 miles round trip. Since the clocks switched back an hour and it's now dark when I leave my office, it's occurred to me that additional lights would be nice things to have. These Knog Frogs are cheap, nice little lights. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes//Product_10053_10052_261178_-1___

Sportswise, it's Denver Broncos. I'd love a size L shirt of the older, '80s style logo (with the big 'D' and the horse head). Vintage would rule even harder.

More than anything, though, I love surprises. If you want to buy a homeless person lunch, and then send me a pic of you guys out eating and a little story about it, I would love that. If you throw a rock through a conservative organization's front window on my behalf, just send me a pic and a short anecdote. I love surprises and mischief.

J

I meant to post something on here a little while back, but I've been busy with getting my new house up to snuff.

Anyways, You can get a decent idea of my likes and dislikes from my list trade list (Mind you the what I have section is a little out of date)

This may be a little tacky, but here's a link to my Amazon.com wish lists (It may give you a good idea about what else I am in to) http://www.amazon.com/Manish-J-Patel/wishlist/5WP2NZRPWG98/ref=cm_wl_search_3

I will say that I'm not that into sports, but really want to have a sports video game to play. So if you have a copy of a baseball, soccer, football, or hockey game for the PS3 laying around that you don't play any more and that is fun and won't really require too much knowledge on how to manage a team or think like that, hook me up. I really don't care if it's like not a current roster either.

Other than that, If you want to send me a gift card to home depot, I could also really use that these days LOL