Interracial couple denied marriage license

devinr

Comment I just saw on Digg:

"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."

He's right, the best a mixed-race child could ever hope for is to be President of the USA.

I saw this, coincidentally as I was reading Obama's "The Audacity of Hope" earlier today in the teacher's lounge. That's so fucked up, especially since they explained to the couple that it was because so many interracial marriages end in divorce.

Because all single-race marriages are flawless and never end.

According to this article, the judge in question has:

piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else.

See? He lets them use his bathroom. A special separate, but still equal, one. He's can't possibly be a racist.

That doesn't mean anything. There are assholes everywhere.

it doesn't mean anything? sure there are assholes everywhere, that's true, but i can guarantee you this wouldn't happen in the north brotha.

It would if the right Justice of the Peace presided over the marriage.

People need to just get over the whole marriage thing, interracial, same sex, it really doesn't matter nor affect anyone else, and the marriages they are trying to uphold last 50% of the time, so it isn't like they have a great track record to back their claims up with.

That doesn't mean anything. There are assholes everywhere.

it doesn't mean anything? sure there are assholes everywhere, that's true, but i can guarantee you this wouldn't happen in the north brotha.

The FBI begs to differ.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2006/table13ma.html

Seems race was the leading motivation for hate crime in MA in 2006.

Don't kid yourself, man. It's everywhere -- it's just less overt in some places.

Assholery knows no geographic boundary.

The FBI begs to differ.

Don't kid yourself, man. It's everywhere -- it's just less overt in some places.

i'm too lazy to research it more, but i'd be willing to say that race is the leading motivation for hate crime in almost every state...

The FBI begs to differ.

the mason-dixon line is good start