my wife got her wisdom teeth pulled today

[image]

Sinbad took mine.

But seriously, aside from people I know dying, this was the worst experience of my life. Conversely my GF got it done a couple months later and had no problems, so its pretty hit or miss depending on how many are being removed, if they're impacted, etc. Either way you get vicodin, so thats a plus.

I got mine done and it was awesome. Went in at 10am, I remember asking "how long before the medicine takes effect", and next thing I knew it was 9pm. Hurt for maybe half the next day, and 2 of mine were even impacted.

Edit - My beard was completely crusted over with blood and saliva, though. I had no feeling in my mouth, so I had no idea I drooled for literally 24 straight hours. (Changing the gauze is fun)

Mine had been grown in for like 2 years before I got them pulled. I was awake for the whole operation and it probably took like 20 minutes. I kept trying to talk to my girlfriend on the drive home and I guess that really freaked her out as my teeth were just covered in blood. The painkillers worked like a charm the next few days as I had no pain at all, zero swelling and zero bruising. I guess I lucked out.

i only had 3 (yes, i an highly evolved; getting rid of my vestigial organs and whatnot) and my cheeks were so swollen that my skin was stretched so much that was shiny. i was also ridiculously black and blue, so i probably looked like a chipmunk who had lost a barfight.

i also had an irrational fear that i was never going to be able to open my mouth the whole way again.

I had mine pulled early this year and it wasn't bad. I was scared as hell, to the point where I was dry heaving in the parking lot of the oral surgeon. They put me out and I woke up with no wisdom teeth. The worst part was that they missed a few pieces of tooth and I they were jabbing my gums for weeks. Finally a ripped them out myself. That part did kind of suck.

I had 2 of mine out on the right side and it definitely sucked. Lots of pain and swelling. After the sutures were removed, the doctor found what he thought was an infection, and turned out to be a cyst in my jaw. He said I was lucky it didn't break my jaw. Now I have to have surgery again to remove the cyst. Not looking forward to that at ALL. :(