best show of the year that you saw?

Going to this show tomorrow.

I have a feelng me and my friends are going to be the only people into the entire line-up

It's Planes Mistaken for stars/Cursive/Mastodon/Against Me All over again

Yea I thought more people would be there for Converge. I just watched from the back and there were people yelling for them to get off stage and flipping them off. There was a group of kids in the pit and up front that were into Converge and that was about it. I like Mastodon but Im not a huge fan and Ive seen them before so I didnt stick around for them and I have no interest in seeing Dethklok. I heard they have some Metalocalypse cartoon playing during the whole set.

I've seen Dethklok before. It's pretty cool seeing Brendan Smalls and others playing the songs live. The animations are also really good (When they aren't the actual music video that's been seen on TV) There's also some skits sometimes that have been interjected for when the guys need to tune.

It's a pretty fun show, but I figure there will be a very diverse crowd there and am expected loads of people to be there for just dethklok or just mastodon or just both.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea it seemed that about 95% of the people there were there for Mastodon and/or Dethklok, which makes sense. LOTS of kids with their parents...I assume for Dethklok.

thats just fucking sad . converge are one of the elite bands of any genre and i can say this being some who bleeds skatepunk and ska as principle and they are 10x better then either of those bands . dethlok is a cartoon and a joke and while the show is funny thats it . mastodon is average and nothing against them but they couldnt hold converge's jock .

I was there for the whole amazing line up when I saw the show but man, a lot of people didn't like Converge! My friends just kept making fun of Jake Bannon's voice but all they listen to is "stoner" metal so It was probably just too much for them to comprehend!

Last night I saw Sonic Youth AND Dinosaur Jr. share a bill! easily one of the bests of the year. As much as I love Dino Jr. it was a no brainer that they would go on first. Man Sonic Youth is probably one of the 5 best live band i've ever seen! Seeing em again, for the 6th time on Wednesday! Also this year:

NIN/JA tour@PNC

The Jesus Lizard@Irving Plaza

Burnt by the Sun/Tombs/Black Anvil/Bloodhorse/Torchbarer@Cake-Shop

The Dead Milkmen@Warsaw

The Gaslight Anthem/Murder by Death@The Brooklyn Bowl

and the four time's I saw the Dillinger Escape Plan! (2x NYC 2x Philly)

and before the year is over: Pixies performing Dolittle@Hammerstein and Coalesce/Coliseum/A Storm of Light@Europa

and DEP one more time in LI!

I got to see NIN, Beastie Boys, and Tool this year and RATM last year.

Yup... I pretty much hate you now. I don't even know you, but it doesn't matter. Seriously though, that is awesome. The only chance I ever had to see any of them was when The Beastie Boys and RATM had the Rhyme And Reason tour back in 2000. And that tour got canceled because Mike D seperated his shoulder wrecking his bicycle 2 months before the show. Two Fuckin' Months! And he doesn't even play an instrument! And I missed a Tool show in Sept 01' because my EMT boards went a little longer than I expected. I still have my ticket stubs from both those shows even though I didn't go.

Guest adam526

Last night I saw Sonic Youth AND Dinosaur Jr. share a bill! easily one of the bests of the year.

I was really jealous when I heard about this show.

...and wtf, Dead Milkmen are playing shows?

I got to see NIN, Beastie Boys, and Tool this year and RATM last year.

Yup... I pretty much hate you now. I don't even know you, but it doesn't matter. Seriously though, that is awesome. The only chance I ever had to see any of them was when The Beastie Boys and RATM had the Rhyme And Reason tour back in 2000. And that tour got canceled because Mike D seperated his shoulder wrecking his bicycle 2 months before the show. Two Fuckin' Months! And he doesn't even play an instrument! And I missed a Tool show in Sept 01' because my EMT boards went a little longer than I expected. I still have my ticket stubs from both those shows even though I didn't go.

i totally had 2nd row center seats for that ratm/beasties show.

i was 10.

would've been great...

I don't even know. I've seen more shows this year than I have in the last few years, just due to the fact that I live in Buffalo now, instead of a tiny town in the middle of no where.

Brand New at the Grog Shop in Cleveland was probably my favorite.

Converge at the Mohawk Place in Buffalo was probably the next best.

Polar Bear Club's record release show with Defeater was pretty awesome too.

Ok, The Jesus Fucking Lizard has won for this year. Seriously, one of the best shows I've ever been to. I was front and center the whole time. It was just perfect. Everything about it. Perfect.