best show of the year that you saw?

- Torche at FEST 8! I think anyone who has seen them live will probably agree that show was intense & they almost hit the brown note.

- Samiam at FEST 8! This ol' man (me) was jumping around and giddy like a 13 year old girl at a Brokencyde show. it was like 94' all over again.

- New Bruises at FEST 8!! Till this time i had never seen New Bruises. I'm so glad i finally did.

- Tim Barry at Emo's - Holy Fuck was this fun!!!

- Two Cow Garage at Beerland - everyone had a blast. The people and the bands are what made that show.

- William Elliott Whitmore - never seen em' or heard much but decided to go on a whim and was totally floored.

honorable mentions: mainly because ive seen most of these bands before: Teenage Bottlerocket and Kylesa,

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Jam | United Center | Chicago, Il | August 24th

~Maybe the best live act in rock today. Played just shy of three hours and rocked-the-fuck-out the entire time. I was amazed~

Revival Tour | Skull Alley | Louisville, Ky | October 13th

~Was a fan of Tim and Chuck before hand, but they became two of my favorite artists during this show. I absolutely WILL see Tim Barry in concert again!!~

Lucinda Williams | Brown Theater | Louisville, Ky | June 14th

~Her "Car Wheels On A Gravel Road" is one of my all time favorite Cd's. Was highly looking forward to seeing her live, and she did not disappoint. Not even after losing her voice.~

Forecastle Fest | The Belvedere | Louisville, Ky | July 10th

~This was the only date I went. I'm a big fan of The Black Keys (their 2008 show at Coyotes is one of top 5 shows ever) but don't care much for Widespread Panic. The Black Keys are not as good outdoors as they are in a small room. Their raw sound fits best indoors. Still enjoyed myself very much~

I will be seeing Lucero this Saturday, and I'm expecting them to land on this list.

Everyone I saw at Bonnaroo, especially Bruce Springsteen, Public Enemy, and Elvis Costello.

Andrew Jackson Jihad, Kepi Ghoulie, and Kevin Seconds in Appleton

Every show I saw at The BFG

- The Lawrence Arms Tenth Anniversary show.

- Small Brown Bike at Fest 8. It was my first time seeing them and they are one of my favorite bands.

- Bruce Springsteen. He played the entire "Born to Run" album...what else needs to be said?

- Alkaline Trio. They played a small show in what used to be an Outback Steakhouse and it was incredible.

1. TRIAL in Seattle

2. The Revival Tour

3. and a buncha stuff at FFF Fest. (Danzig, Gorilla Biscuits, DRI, Lucero (although I wasn't too impressed with the set), Street Dogs, Youth Brigade)

Awesome.

Oh, and as far as local stuff:

Unit 21, Power Trip, Negaduck.....anything with those 3 bands turns into a good time.

Neko Case @ The Riverside Theater - first time I ever sat down through a whole show but it was an awesome performance.

Runner Up: Smoking Popes/Maritime @ Turner Hall Ballroom - Popes were in great spirits and the crowd was into it (which makes all the difference for a Milwaukee show).

I wanna see Neko Case and Maritime so bad...

But mine are probably Cursive or Gaslight Anthem. Andrew Bird could have been up there performance-wise, but my experience was pretty ruined by the drunk lady trying to stand next to me. Also I went to Ryan Adams with my brother not really expecting much, but it was a pretty awesome concert.