Most Disappointing Album of the Year

rtw88

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markovianprocess
Attack in Black - Years

This should never have been a double album. Marriage is easily one of my favourite records ever, and they're trying hard to ruin it for me with this shit. Curve Of The Earth was pretty awesome though.

man daisy and the cosmic drama getting no love, i really liked both of those albums. tdagarim is by far brand new's best album and in it's case the hiatus and anticipation of that album worked in favor of it but i think it had the opposite effect for daisy. the cosmic drama isn't as good as american art for sure but for me i still enjoyed the randomness and hopefullness of it.

i'd have to say the new say anythingwas my biggest disappointment although not a surprising one.

Guest kissthesharks

Adrian coming into this made me realize something. Maybe I just love deloused/frances Mars Volta, or I'm really not that "cool". The new tmv kind of bored me. Was that this year?

you guys are out of your mind. I can admit that Daisy is not as good as Deja or Devil, but it's still a solid album. Vices is incredible, actually, a totally unexpected way to open the album.

I know, I put Daisy on in my car on the drive home from going to buy it. I almost turned around to take it back thinking they'd put some old ladies CD in the wrong box, then Vices 'proper' kicked in and I was really gonna turn back thinking they'd put a From First To Last CD in the case.

Then Bed came on and I was like, shit I really do need to take this back, I mean, at that point I definately knew it was Brand New, it's just sooo fucking boring. And then I already knew At The Bottom was boring, little did I know it would turn out to be one of the best tracks on the CD.

Then Gasoline happened, I face palmed and was like, Oh God he's screaming again

And say what the hell you want about You Stole, to me it sounds like one of those mid album songs that crappy metal bands do to 'Slow down and show their musicianship', that You Stole croon? God it makes me cringe....

And say what the hell you want about You Stole, to me it sounds like one of those mid album songs that crappy metal bands do to 'Slow down and show their musicianship', that You Stole croon? God it makes me cringe....

iawtc. my friends are super into You Stole and I think it's the weakest song on the album. I skip it almost every time. There's a great breakdown around halfway, but I just can't suffer through to that part. Everyone who likes THAT song hates Be Gone, which I fucking love. I don't care if it's practically unintelligible.

Vices is my favorite song off Daisy...it reminds me of Luca (which is awesome) in that it's really peaceful then just BAM scares the living shit out of you. I almost drove off the road the first time I listened to it lol

i'd have to say the new say anythingwas my biggest disappointment although not a surprising one.

yes. i adore say anything and i had to throw in the towel on this one.

wow totally disagree the new say anything is mind blowing in my opinion.

biggest disappointment is thrice - beggars imo .

daisy i am not much into but i didnt like god and devil either so ...