BRAND NEW "DEVIL AND GOD" 180G 2XLP - OUT 03.16

There will be 2 versions on white, but our release will have the original CD artwork, whereas the band's version will have new artwork. So you'll easily be able to tell the difference between the 2 white pressings.

2 separate releases? This record has been a huge head ache. No idea what's truly going on the entire time.

Either way, I want to own a copy of either one. If I'm understanding this correctly Academy Fight Song is some how connected to Mighter Than Sword? I back MTS 100%. Put out awesome records, that look great, sound great, get packaged well and in a reasonable amount of time.

I'll be up an noon tomorrow to pre-order one from you guys. -Kyle

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be 2 versions on white, but our release will have the original CD artwork, whereas the band's version will have new artwork. So you'll easily be able to tell the difference between the 2 white pressings.

2 separate releases? This record has been a huge head ache. No idea what's truly going on the entire time.

Either way, I want to own a copy of either one. If I'm understanding this correctly Academy Fight Song is some how connected to Mighter Than Sword? I back MTS 100%. Put out awesome records, that look great, sound great, get packaged well and in a reasonable amount of time.

I'll be up an noon tomorrow to pre-order one from you guys. -Kyle

yea RJ (supchillinyou) run both labels. great guy!

"This release comes in gatefold packaging printed on White Vinyl with Lyric Sheet."

lol

So, how is this release different than the AFS release?

The release that was continually delayed and cancelled by Interpunk was the one the band has been working on since this past September.

We are doing a special version of the release that is more deluxe, and all on 180 gram vinyl.

That is good to know man, thanks.

I'll be ordering the AFS one, without question. But do you know if the band's version is a limited release or will it be like Daisy and be in stores. I'd rather not pay that shipping.

Yeah I agree it's really off-putting that the same album that's been canceled already is being released in two different versions, by two different labels, on the same day. Normally I would skip the band's release in favor of AFS' version but the different artwork enticed me. Oh well, it's a great album, it's not like I'll be disappointed to have more copies than I want.

The release that was continually delayed and cancelled by Interpunk was the one the band has been working on since this past September.

We are doing a special version of the release that is more deluxe, and all on 180 gram vinyl.

I'll be ordering the AFS one, without question. But do you know if the band's version is a limited release or will it be like Daisy and be in stores. I'd rather not pay that shipping.

This would be great to know!

the different artwork enticed me

Has the alternative cover been released yet?

At this point it's more of just a moral thing. Rather support a smaller label that I've had good results from in the past. Everything I've ever bought from MTS has impressed me. I don't know RJ directly, but I book Such Gold (signed to MTS), and went out on a few weekends with them, and they have nothing but great things to say about the MTS dudes.

From what I understand it will be in stores too.

solid black [ ltd. 500 ]

white/black marble [ ltd. 500]

white/blue marble [ ltd. 500]

white/orange marble [ ltd. 500]

solid white [ ltd. 500 in select distributors TBA ]

Where can we purchase the AFS Solid White?

Sorry dudes, it was an extremely tough choice to do this...but we felt it the right thing to do...

Friend,

After much contemplation and thought, we have decided to delay the pre-order and release date for Brand New's "The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me" double 180 gram LP by THREE weeks. The pre-order will now begin on February 2nd, 2010 and the release date is now slated for April 6th, 2010.

We apologize any annoyance this may cause you, but we want to assure you that the pre-order WILL be going up on February 2nd, without any further delays. Without getting too specific, we chose to delay the release in an attempt to compromise with the band themselves who have been working on a separate vinyl version of the release.

Our release will be comprised of two 180 gram LPs housed in an extra heavy gatefold jacket, with black flood printing inside each pocket, and a combination of matte and spot gloss finishes on the front and back covers. The LPs will be in thick solid black innersleeves as well, a finished package that will look both beautiful and super sharp.

Likewise, we will be donating $1 from each record sold to the Long Island-based charity Island Harvest [http], who devotes 97 cents of every dollar donated to efforts to fight hunger. Here's a little more about what they do:

Our volunteers and staff “rescue,” or collect, good surplus food from over 600 local restaurants, caterers, farms, and other food-related businesses; and distribute it to a network of close to 500 soup kitchens, food pantries, and other places where those in need can access it. We also conduct educational programs to increase hunger awareness and inform the public how they can get involved in our mission to end hunger and reduce food waste on Long Island. - Island Harvest

We appreciate your understanding, and as always, your support of what we do.

Sincerely,

RJ & Justin

now the price of the AFS version matters a bit more since the Triple Corwn version is $17, which is pretty good. but if the quality is as good as Enema, which I'm assuming it will be, the AFS version will be worth the extra money if indeed it does cost more.
$17 + no media mail = $$$ shipping, not worth it for a lesser quality record. at least in my eyes

Wait, so is Triple Crown still putting out their own version of this?

Seems so. Hopefully it will go up on Interpunk so I can use the credit and not pay insane shipping charges.