Epitaph Store Tuesday (Turner, Trio, Descendents)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I take it that instead of keeping only the black version in print, generally there will be a repress on black and a new color everytime a pressing sells out?

Traditionally speaking, black will be the main color, yes. However, in the case of Punk In Drublic, it was being repressed anyways and I selfishly thought that beer colored vinyl would be a rad idea. No collector purpose/reason to it other than it's rad and I can derive some existential artistic purpose from it. Almost all Epitaph vinyl, with a few exceptions, was on black vinyl. So it's kind of disingenuous for me to go out and say "holy shit, FIRST PRESS ON RED" or do some fifteen variant pressings for a record that's 13 years old because some of these have thousands on black vinyl out in the world and that's stupid.

But yeah-for these re-presses, there's going to be a color or two on the first press, then black or a standard version. With new records, say, Frank Turner, there's a first press, the 2nd press might be a new or unique color, and it goes from there. Even the new alkaline trio record is only two colors and black vinyl.

any hints on everything sucks' colour?

Take a wild guess. It's pressed on two colors.

not gunna like was hoping for a White with Black marble mix, kinda like the Matt Skiba Kevin Seconds repress, where it was only a little bit of color in there. The cover of this CD turned somewhat tan on me, perhaps it was cause when it came out i was in middle school and this was the record to skate too. Anyways, that's why i wouldn't do solid white!

Will gladly settle for Black and a White one! Cause this is an album I have loved for years.

the inevitable- http://twitter.com/kingsroadmerch is probably good to follow for all updates, going live and so on. Follow that shit if you want. It's total commerce tweeting, but it is for all of our webstores, not just Epitaph & Anti, but also Tom Waits, Converge, Set Your Goals and other shit we will be working with in 2010. New updates, new items, sales, specials, free-bies, items of the day, and random thoughts about shit as we seem fit.

Expect things to go up about 8-9am PST. It all depends but it'll be early.

For those wanting news on the skipping records, I got your emails over the weekend. Our warehouse is just getting back. Expect some movement on this Wednesday/Thursday.

when will all these records be shipped ? i ask as i am moving in a month and i need to know if i should have them shipped to my parents house instead .

The Trio won't ship until mid-February. Frank Turner expect end of the month. The other records will ship next week, but we have them in the warehouse already. We just need to allow recovery from the break. We're building a system that allows you to choose multiple shipments or one shipment (a la Amazon) but that's the future. We don't have that right now.