Epitaph Store Tuesday (Turner, Trio, Descendents)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got knews that the green Punk in Drublic will be a Hot Topic Exclusive. Be careful for ones showing up on ebay (when they do)!

So much for the "we only do 1 or 2 colors and then a standard version" policy. I wonder what colors we can expect for the 3rd repressing.

Any pressing info on this? Also, are there special Hot Topic versions for other releases as well?

Just got knews that the green Punk in Drublic will be a Hot Topic Exclusive. Be careful for ones showing up on ebay (when they do)!

So much for the "we only do 1 or 2 colors and then a standard version" policy. I wonder what colors we can expect for the 3rd repressing.

Any pressing info on this? Also, are there special Hot Topic versions for other releases as well?

If they do another color, I'm hoping for something a little further away from red than "brownish-red"

Also, good question about the other exclusive albums.

I knew there would be a HT exclusive color for PID I just didnt know that green was the exclusive color.

There will be some HT exclusive colors for a few other Epitaph releases coming up soon. Not sure I can say just what releases yet tho...

Travis, Can you say when they will be available? Don't wanna go to Hot Topic every weekend and be dissapointed. :D

Im not even sure on that yet, they wont be in stores for at least a month tho. Im not sure what the status is on the pressing of these records yet. Obviously some of the green NOFX exist already but Im not sure about the others. Karl would actually know more about all these than I would so maybe he'll check in on this thread soon....

Someone on Fatwreckwiki got word from Kingsroadmerch that there are 600 of the green PID.

Definately gotta track one down. The not having Hot Topic in Canada means I'm heading to eBay.

www.hottopic.com always gets the same records that go to stores. Not every store will get every record that HT carries but www.hottopic.com gets every record we carry.

Also, I will have an update on the HT exclusive colors soon and I will make a new thread for that with which titles, what color vinyl and pressing info and an estimate for when they will be in stores.

www.hottopic.com always gets the same records that go to stores. Not every store will get every record that HT carries but www.hottopic.com gets every record we carry.

Also, I will have an update on the HT exclusive colors soon and I will make a new thread for that with which titles, what color vinyl and pressing info and an estimate for when they will be in stores.

Awesome. A heads up on that thread as to when they're available online would also be appreciated. Maybe this time the huge box you guys deliever stuff in will actually be justified. ;)

Awesome. A heads up on that thread as to when they're available online would also be appreciated. Maybe this time the huge box you guys deliever stuff in will actually be justified. ;)

Yea for stuff that isnt street date sensitive (like these) they usually get up on www.hottopic.com a few days after they hit stores so its hard to say when exactly they will be up online. I'll let people know when they are about to hit stores and Id suggest just checking the site each morning after that.

This one gets the job done, but it's not as easy as a digial scale. I had one of these, and compared it to my digitial scale, and it was pretty much spot on. $36

http://www.needledoctor.com/Shure-SFG-2-Stylus-Force-Gauge?sc=2&category=423

Or, you can buy a digital one. Way more accurate, but $139

http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Measure-It?sc=2&category=423

Got my order today. My Against the Grain skips, real bad, almost every song. It's my only record out of my collection of almost 200 that skips. The record is clean, turntable is level and not too cheap.

Should I buy one of those tracking force gauges? Can someone recommend one? thanks

As skipping seems to be a common phenomenon with the epitaph represses, I'm going to guess the problem is with the plant. I have one record that skips bad, too, every few seconds (white trash two heebs on white). I've cleaned the record several times. I think the grooves aren't high enough.

Got my order today. My Against the Grain skips, real bad, almost every song. It's my only record out of my collection of almost 200 that skips. The record is clean, turntable is level and not too cheap.

Should I buy one of those tracking force gauges? Can someone recommend one? thanks

As skipping seems to be a common phenomenon with the epitaph represses, I'm going to guess the problem is with the plant. I have one record that skips bad, too, every few seconds (white trash two heebs on white). I've cleaned the record several times. I think the grooves aren't high enough.

Yea seems a couple people in this thread have had the problem with Against the Grain, but a couple other people say it's the user's fault, so I don't know. I'm gonna buy one of those gauge tracking things and see if that doesn't help.

My turntable is Audio Technica AT-LP2D-USB, it's kinda new and most reviews I've read online say it's not bad.