are you vegan ?

because today is the last day of 'eating vegatarian traditional festival' in thailand.

thai got this traditional festival from chinese when chinese refugees came to thailand since 7th century.buddhist chinese believe not eat meat can make a merit.

chino-thai like me have to join this festival by don't eat meat for 12 days.i didn't expect i will up to heaven when i die,i do it because i wanna forward this tradition to next generation people.

i ever was vegan for 13 months but i quite since last 3 years because don't have vegan restaurant near my office.

just wanna know are you vegan and why ?

:)

vegetarian will eat animal related products like cheese and milk, I think.. Just not meat itself

Vegans refuse to consume anything derived from animals. Eggs, gelatine, milk, etc.

Someone explain to me why breastfeeding isn't vegan. It comes from a consentant mother and there's nothing more natural!

As with any kind of groupthink vegans have a propensity to take it too far. Breastfeeding is totally vegan, its perfectly natural. Along with food, vegans will also abstain for buying animal products that are a result of an animals death and often even products that are animal in nature will be "off-limits." No wool, leather, etc. I always found it kind of funny the people who would run around calling themselves vegan and then be wearing leather shoes or the like.

Thanks for the explanation. In your experience / estimation, do you think there are any vegetarians who are vegetarians solely because of health-related reasons? With vegans, it seems as though the decision to be vegan would be based on animals (and while there are benefits, that's why they would remain a vegan).

- Jeff

From friends who were/are vegan, the one main issue was vitamins lacking in a totally animal-free diet. Specifically iron. That's one thing as a vegetarian or vegan you have to be up on, taking vitamins. I've known of hair falling out because of a lack of vitamins and other minerals and such you would get from animal products.

I have some friends who are vegan and some who are vegetarian.

My vegan friends are so because of the whole animal rights and morality of consuming a conscious animal being and its products. They feel that we as humans should respect all living things moreso animals as they also "feel" and are sentient (I couldn't think of another word for it).

My vegetarian friends are more into it for health reasons. They prefer the vegetarian lifestyle and the health benefits they get from it.

Now...these are the people that I personally know and have asked them about these things. It's not the end-all-be-all rule as to why some people are vegan while some are vegetarian.

I don't eat meat for every meal but I couldn't be vegetarian I love meat too much

I respect everyone that's vegan or vegetarian unless they try to shove it down my throat or act like they're better than me.

I lost a lot of respect for Propagandhi after reading something in one of their newsletter or whatever where they told people to "shut their meathole"

I don't eat meat for every meal but I couldn't be vegetarian I love meat too much

I respect everyone that's vegan or vegetarian unless they try to shove it down my throat or act like they're better than me.

I lost a lot of respect for Propagandhi after reading something in one of their newsletter or whatever where they told people to "shut their meathole"

That's why I'm not a fan of PETA or a lot of their advocates

I consume a lot of meat.

...but I'll eat vegetarian if the meal sounds delicious.

Basically I eat good food.

I could never be a vegetarian, but i respect those who are. My girlfriend makes alot of vegeterian dinners and stuff and i like most of it.

And for the record, PETA is stupid. come on, do you really think total animal liberation is a good idea? They are against having pets of any kind. like the world needs millions of house pets wondering the streets.

i am not, but try to be as conscious as possible with my purchases. for example, only buying free-range, organic eggs and not supporting establishments with histories of excessively cruel practices [ie KFC]. call me half assed, but i try to do what i can while still enjoying delicious carnivorous treats.

i am not, but try to be as conscious as possible with my purchases. for example, only buying free-range, organic eggs and not supporting establishments with histories of excessively cruel practices [ie KFC]. call me half assed, but i try to do what i can while still enjoying delicious carnivorous treats.

dude, that's awesome. honestly.

dude, that's awesome. honestly.

thanks, bro. i do try. This book was a huge influence on my father during his formative years, and therefore i was brought up with a lot of the same mindset. to this day my father doesnt eat red meat, not for cruelty reasons, but environmental ones.

[image]

This isn't half-assed at all, it's a good practice to commit to. I think PETA is just the opposite extreme of places like KFC, relying on grossout propaganda and scare tactics to get people to "convert" to their way of thinking. I work for Whole Foods Market, and we have something called the Animal Compassion Foundation. It's all about treating the animals we get our meat, eggs, etc. from humanely, as it should be. Meat eaters aren't horrible people like some militant vegans/vegetarians make us out to be.

This isn't half-assed at all, it's a good practice to commit to. I think PETA is just the opposite extreme of places like KFC, relying on grossout propaganda and scare tactics to get people to "convert" to their way of thinking. I work for Whole Foods Market, and we have something called the Animal Compassion Foundation. It's all about treating the animals we get our meat, eggs, etc. from humanely, as it should be. Meat eaters aren't horrible people like some militant vegans/vegetarians make us out to be.

that's all very true. i'm with fedaykin. i also only drink fair trade coffee (though that's sort of irrelevant). i'm up for animal rights, cool. like, fuck michael vick and all his dog fighting bullshit... but i still eat meat and enjoy it.

oh and all that talk about breastfeeding made me think of a toothless baby biting a woman's nipple while breastfeeding. this made me giggle, then think of johnny knoxville getting his nipple damn near bitten off by that baby crocodile.

that's all very true. i'm with fedaykin. i also only drink fair trade coffee (though that's sort of irrelevant). i'm up for animal rights, cool. like, fuck michael vick and all his dog fighting bullshit... but i still eat meat and enjoy it.

oh and all that talk about breastfeeding made me think of a toothless baby biting a woman's nipple while breastfeeding. this made me giggle, then think of johnny knoxville getting his nipple damn near bitten off by that baby crocodile.

I love this train of thought.