HWM Reunion??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really dont want to get my hopes up for this and then find out its only going to be a one time thing in florida and not have the cash to go.

either way, color me excited.

I don't want to elaborate too much, but I can tell you that it will not be confined strictly to Florida.

(And before anyone asks, no, they're not playing the Fest next week, either.)

i love hwm, i have a tattoo, but i mean, i don't get why people are freaking out that they are getting back together. it's been what, 2, 3 years? i saw them a bunch and it was a great time, but they toured all the time.

don't get me wrong, i'm stoked. like way stoked, but where was everyone when they toured all the time?

I hope this isn't happening...after seeing the draft the other night and seeing their fanbase (mostly bros) I really hope that HWM isn't getting back together b/c I have so many fond memories of seeing them and if the crowd that was at the Draft show was the same crowd at a HWM show I would be so bummed out...

So I just hope that Chuck keeps on keepin on and so does the draft..don't try to get back together something that was amazing and do it half assed...especially since chuck and the rest of the band weren't talking or living anywhere near each other during the writing and recording of the last album...

i love hwm, i have a tattoo, but i mean, i don't get why people are freaking out that they are getting back together. it's been what, 2, 3 years? i saw them a bunch and it was a great time, but they toured all the time.

don't get me wrong, i'm stoked. like way stoked, but where was everyone when they toured all the time?

You're right, they toured non-stop and it was great. I'd see them every time they came around. I'm so excited because I didn't expect them to do anything together anytime soon and I figured they'd confine it to Florida or one-off gigs or whatever. So I hope like hell they tour near me

Yeah seriously, i wasn't a fan of this band and i used to see them all the time because they'd always play with bands i liked. I'd watch them and be like well...Chuck is fucking intense and the rest of the band was just up there. Jason showing off and posing half the time...great. you can play your instrument. i get it. Chris was always drunk and George was always...well he's a drummer and didn't see him too much or didn't pay attention enough.

I really like 'a Flight and a Crash' because it sounds like a lost Pegboy album....i have several HWM records..i didn't dislike them i just never "got it".

Seeing the Draft is just kind of sad because the only thing I ever found worthwhile watching HWM isn't there...and the songs bore me too...but that's beside the point.

Chuck's solo stuff is a little repetetive, but there's a certain amount of charm that goes with what he does and I think it works for him. He's such a intense guy once he starts singing that I just get locked in and can't look away.

Trick question. If I'm flying solo as usual, Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

It's a different story if I find someone to road trip with me

You're going to need to find someone to road trip with you.

No real surprise, I suppose. They never attracted very big crowds around here. But thanks, now I won't have my hopes up.

i kind of missed the boat on HWM. i heard a few songs, but never really checked them out further. from what ive heard of their studio work, it didnt really excite me a lot

i listened to the draft album and really liked it at the time. i went and saw them live, and was let down in a big way. so ive kind of lost interest in both now

heaps excitin news for those who are fans and get to see them again though. if they came down under id probably check it out to see what ive missed out on

i missed their last tour with flogging molly because at the time I thought "eh, they'll be touring again, i'll skip this". I saw them 6 months prior at the Grog Shop with PMFS and that was hands down the best set EVER witnessed by a band. Prior to that it had been 2 years since they played cleveland, and I hadn't seen them in that time period... every tour they did either went to philly or chicago and never closer... so while I got to see them one last time, playing the best setlist I could have asked for, it was not enough. I think I saw this band 15 times in 6 or 7 years? fuuuuckkkkk, I cannot wait to know where they're playing because natalie and I will be traveling to said cities.

Guest conoley

It's happening. From the org:

Sources close to the band have confirmed that Hot Water Music has reunited. The band is apparently putting together some more plans and a formal announcement, but it is happening and we'll have more details for you shortly.

The band split up in May of 2006 after more than a decade together. They actually had a brief hiatus from 1996-1997 but have essentially maintained their lineup since 1993. Since the band's split in 1996, most of the band formed The Draft while co-vocalist Chuck Ragan performed and recorded solo material.

It's happening. From the org:

Sources close to the band have confirmed that Hot Water Music has reunited. The band is apparently putting together some more plans and a formal announcement, but it is happening and we'll have more details for you shortly.

The band split up in May of 2006 after more than a decade together. They actually had a brief hiatus from 1996-1997 but have essentially maintained their lineup since 1993. Since the band's split in 1996, most of the band formed The Draft while co-vocalist Chuck Ragan performed and recorded solo material.

jeesh, someone messed up those years