HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

Hoping the one I go to Saturday, either has

fun. - Aim, Ignite

TDWP - Zombie

Norma Jean - Box Set

The Wonder Years - Upsides

One can hope.

There not hardly any copies left of any of those

Ha. I know. Just hoping the store I go to has something decent. Last time I was there it had a good amount of vinyl, now just gotta hope the still do.

No, not atleast the one thats close to me. I checked mine today and they basically have the records thrown into 3 broken milk crates all bent on the ground. Pathetic. But Travis listed one thats prolly a 30 min. drive for me so hopefully better luck.

Would you mind saying which is the one with these 3 broken milk crates?

^ What the what! I'm clearly not stopping into Reckless enough.

I scour their website inventory every single day for the main artists that I listen to. I waste a lot of time. You probably have a life and good things going for you. It is not as much the case with me lol

Sadly this is not the case. I check their inventory nearly every night when it updates (mainly 7"s over the last couple of months though) and it's to the point now where I put so much stuff on hold, I'm almost positive that atleast two of the Wicker Park employees loathe me. hahah

Looks like these are the last copies of Oasis

MALL CITY STATE

Plaza Camino Real Carlsbad CA

Meadows Mall Las Vegas NV

Stonebriar Centre Frisco TX

Sunland Park Mall El Paso TX

If anyone lives in these areas, could you possibly pick it up for me? As soon as you PM I can paypal you as a gift with the cost you paid for it, media mailing shipping, plus 10 bucks for your help. if you go there and its a no go, you can just paypal me back and its all good.

I scour their website inventory every single day for the main artists that I listen to. I waste a lot of time. You probably have a life and good things going for you. It is not as much the case with me lol

Sadly this is not the case. I check their inventory nearly every night when it updates (mainly 7"s over the last couple of months though) and it's to the point now where I put so much stuff on hold, I'm almost positive that atleast two of the Wicker Park employees loathe me. hahah

haha! Cool. We should hang out. But then we'd miss a bunch of albums that we would have wanted and end up killing ourselves out the despair our vinyl related losses would cause us.

Hoping the one I go to Saturday, either has

fun. - Aim, Ignite

TDWP - Zombie

Norma Jean - Box Set

The Wonder Years - Upsides

One can hope.

The Wonder Years record is on the website right now:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/Mp3CDs/Vinyl//The+Wonder+Years+-+The+Upsides+Vinyl+LP-337354.jsp

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately calling a HT can be just as much a waste of time and potentially wildly misleading. Most of the staff doesn't seem to have any sort of handle on inventory, especially not for vinyl. If anyone has had any experience to the contrary, god bless you.

This.

Anytime I've gone into an HT and asked about vinyl pricing, they've had no clue about clearance unless they scanned it and in a few random cases, insisted on charging the sticker price despite it being on clearance.

Unfortunately calling a HT can be just as much a waste of time and potentially wildly misleading. Most of the staff doesn't seem to have any sort of handle on inventory, especially not for vinyl. If anyone has had any experience to the contrary, god bless you.

This.

Anytime I've gone into an HT and asked about vinyl pricing, they've had no clue about clearance unless they scanned it and in a few random cases, insisted on charging the sticker price despite it being on clearance.

I never had to call HT thankfully...but more times than not the HT people in the store weren't bothered at all by finding out and charging the clearance price. More times than not the employees were like "man I really should pick this up too." Although maybe I'm just lucky?

Yeah, every store around here except one is terrible about marking down clearance priced records. And even if something is listed in this thread, and ive gotten it elsewhere on clearance, sometimes they will insist that no, since its not marked down in red pen, its still full price.

Ive had to have them scan many records to make sure they come up at the clearanced price. but 9 out of 10 clearance records are still sitting in with the normal priced records

The folks at my local Hot Topic are usually very good about marking down the clearance vinyl when they're supposed to. Problem is, the good stuff is usually sold before it ever makes it to the clearance rack. I think the vinyl buyers in my town hit up Hot Topic more often than is the norm in larger towns.