HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

That Thursday album for $6.50 is pretty incredible. Amazing album - 2xLP and CD - for that price is hard to beat.

mine just came. totally forgot it's the clear version, which is nice. however my a/b is pretty warped. kinda lame that clearance is non returnable even if messed up. hopefully it still plays. the included cd is a consolation i suppose.

Was there anything in your package that could have contributed to it warping, or do you suspect that it was warped before shipping?

mine just came. totally forgot it's the clear version, which is nice. however my a/b is pretty warped. kinda lame that clearance is non returnable even if messed up. hopefully it still plays. the included cd is a consolation i suppose.

Was there anything in your package that could have contributed to it warping, or do you suspect that it was warped before shipping?

Packing was fine i'd say. the sleeve with the warped record was also the one with the cd in it, that may have contributed. The c/d record is fine. I had the same thing happen with the refused shape of punk reissue that had the dvd.

The record plays, but it was kinda scary to watch. I was really surprised my stylus held on, it was really goin for a ride ride on the outer edge. But, at least I only paid a fraction of the price.

Travis - Is Hot Topic getting rid of the Vinyl section online? It used to be at least 5 pages long, now it's down to one.

Not at all, HT.com gets EVERYTHING that I buy. There are 2 pages of non-clearanced vinyl on HT.com right now. There is usually more than that, looks like they are sold out of quite a bit of stuff.

hot topic stopped doing 50% off for clearance now right? now they only do 30% off?

i mena they still do 50% OFF clearance sales on various days/weekends, but the actual clearance markdown is now only 30% right? is that how its always going to be, or just because of the shockhound thing.

Travis - Is Hot Topic getting rid of the Vinyl section online? It used to be at least 5 pages long, now it's down to one.

Not at all, HT.com gets EVERYTHING that I buy. There are 2 pages of non-clearanced vinyl on HT.com right now. There is usually more than that, looks like they are sold out of quite a bit of stuff.

I just realized I was looking at "Top Selling vinyl" on HT.com and there were only 2 pages on regular priced vinyl.

There's actually 4 pages and lots of awesome new and exclusive stuff still available :)

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/Mp3CDs/Vinyl.jsp

I'm heading to the HT in Buffalo on Thursday, so if anyone wants me to look for something for them PM me. I'm looking for some Blink releases, and The Swellers new album.

Don't forget only the one HT here does Clearance vinyl. The other ships most things to a store in Ohio, although from time to time you will find some scragglers.