CONVERGE/108/ I.A...last night at the Alpine!!!

I have no idea who the first band was but I was not impressed(they covered posion the well if that gives you any idea)...but a little after them I.A. went on. Fuck...I havent seen them in a while. Their set was awesome with a good amount of moshing action going on. Corey going apeshit as always....punching and tossing kids left and right. awesome set. After them was 108 who I had not seen since the mid 90s and i gotta say they sounded awesome. Played a good mix of songs. Crowd seemed sorta lame for their set....besides the 15 or so people along the front of the stage. Converge was up next and as expected people going crazy even when the intro started. Played a decent mix of songs. a lot of YOU FAIL ME and NO HEROES. The crowd was going insane. Almost a fight but it fizzled out fast.....lots of stage diving. Was sorta bummed that these two girls taking pictures had their asses in our faces for most of the Converge set. FUCK....IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE PICTURES ON THE FUCKING STAGE PLEASE DONT STAND UP BLOCKING EVERYONES VIEW RIGHT IN THE FUCKING FRONT!JESUS CHRIST!!!! NO ONE PAYED TO LOOK AT YOUR CHUBBY ASS & NO ASS ALL NIGHT! I was surprised that no one was a dick to them..well besides the people jumping off of them while they took pictures.

....and so you guys know....Jake had prints made for these Cali dates. From what i have heard there are only 100 of them. Its the art I'm sure you have seen on the deathwish site/converge site/108 site/deathwish myspace,etc. pretty dope! and has all three bands on the bottom of it as well. there is some black on black artwork going on also. nice shit. selling them for $25. new shirts and hoodies as well. 108 has new shirts too.

ryan

Guest falloutcollapse

Quick almost off-topic question: At a show, how do you recommend bringing a print home with you unharmed? I want to snag one of the Brand New prints, but I don't want to have to hold onto the whole show and get the oils in my hands all over it.

Here's what I did at the BN show on last tour when I got the print:

I brought rubber bands with me...the smaller thin ones...after I got the poster, I rolled it and then wrapped it in napkins that I got from the bar and put the rubber bands on. The poster was unharmed for the show. Granted, I was away from the floor and the crowd.

That should for the most part keep it OK and not oily...This method has worked for me at a bunch of shows I have gone to and gotten prints at.

Quick almost off-topic question: At a show, how do you recommend bringing a print home with you unharmed? I want to snag one of the Brand New prints, but I don't want to have to hold onto the whole show and get the oils in my hands all over it.

A trick I picked up years ago at the Metro is, buy it then go to the coat check and check your poster -- it'll cost you a few bucks more, but your poster will be in pristine condition.

If the venue doesn't have a coat check, your only other option is to pawn it off on a friend who a)doesn't want to be in the crowd too far or b)is leaving early (that's how I got a sweet Bad Religion print from their show last week -- my friend came only for the Gallows and was then leaving, so he took it with him).

Hope that helps!

Guest falloutcollapse
I always buy as soon as I get their, and convince the door dude to let me take it to my car before the show actually starts. If not, you probably are going to have to stand in the back and guard it with your life.

To be honest, I probably won't want one, because Congress Theater people are so strict. I saw Taking Back Sunday there, and there was "ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY" and people were such dicks about it. Plus, if I'm holding on to the poster, I can't bring the mosh for 'Deadbolt'.

For some of the Nine Inch Nails shows last year and also the 2005 club tour, a friend brought along a poster tube with her and was able to get in with it and put the show lithos in there. I was surprised that security didn't give her shit for it...but it worked!

She could not have brought it because the lithos were available in larger quantities at the NIN shows that BN or another band would. I got mine after every show.

Guest falloutcollapse

A trick I picked up years ago at the Metro is, buy it then go to the coat check and check your poster -- it'll cost you a few bucks more, but your poster will be in pristine condition.

If the venue doesn't have a coat check, your only other option is to pawn it off on a friend who a)doesn't want to be in the crowd too far or b)is leaving early (that's how I got a sweet Bad Religion print from their show last week -- my friend came only for the Gallows and was then leaving, so he took it with him).

Hope that helps!

Congress has coat check for like $5 or something, so if I get any prints, I'll know where to go. Thanks!

Guest falloutcollapse
And if the merch guy doesn't give you shit, hook a brotha (me!) up with a print!....j/k...or am I? ;)

Brand New merch guys are douches, but I can always try. And I'm still going to try to hook you up with a Deja Entendu, so we'll see how it goes!

Congress has coat check for like $5 or something, so if I get any prints, I'll know where to go. Thanks!

Some coat checks won't just check a poster, though; they'll want it inside a coat/hoodie, or at the very least in a bag so they can hang it up. So I'd say bring in a plastic grocery bag crumpled up in your pocket in case they make a stink about it (if you don't actually have a coat/hoodie to check). Also, to save money on the coat check, pile your stuff together with your friends' if they buy any merch/posters/etc.

i thiiiiink im going to the show tonight. hopefully it doesnt sell out before i get there.

if you are talking about the converge show....the show last night wasnt sold out. as for the prints...i saw people buying more than one at a time. the merch dude didnt care nor did jake. i saw jake sell two at a time to a few people. strange considering the deathwish issue with prints(but im sure he realizes if they are there at the show they also really want the prints for them and for friends or whatever.) just so you know these prints are not signed or #ed but there were only 100 made. they are pretty big and really nice. well worth the $25.