Official PunkNews P+P Charity Auction Thread

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good lord. $3,000
I doubt the person is gonna pay

the person was contacted multiple times before the auction closed and promised to pay...they are also going to be getting a pretty rad surprise personally from pete wentz if the rumors are true.

tonight more auctions are getting listed hint hint brand hint hint new hint hint

I doubt the person is gonna pay

the person was contacted multiple times before the auction closed and promised to pay...they are also going to be getting a pretty rad surprise personally from pete wentz if the rumors are true.

tonight more auctions are getting listed hint hint brand hint hint new hint hint

That person paid right when the auction ended.

I was watching a couple to see what they would finish at, here's what I got:

Cheap Girls "...another Drink Home" LP test press

11 Bids $64.50 Sold

Panic At The Disco - "Pretty. Odd" test pressing

73 Bids $200.50 Sold

FALL OUT BOY - "Take This To Your Grave" test pressing

25 Bids $850.50 Sold

Lifetime - "S/T" test pressing

22 Bids $157.49 Sold

The Stereo - "300" Test Press

10 Bids $90.50 Sold

FALL OUT BOY - "Take This To Your Grave" test pressing

48 Bids $3,000.50 Sold

FALL OUT BOY - "From Under Cork Tree" test pressing

35 Bids $850.50

Random comments from the posting made on FB bout the Deja TP:

Not worth $300. Or the $1000 it will end at.
it'd be nice to see what it looks like, so that I can know exactly what it is that I will never have.
the people of the United States deserve a record number of bids...

as if there aren't enough problems here.

I think that some people fail to see that the bid is to raise money for Haiti and that obviously people who care and collectors will bid an outrageous amount of money for the cause... it's annoying to see people write on here that it is only worth $20...
First of all, its a test print. Worth 20$ you must be smoking crack....Second, it's Brand New. Their vinyl are rare enough (at least most prior to Daisy). It's worth a couple hundred because there are probably only 10 or so test pressings. I would be more than happy to bid and donate since I own every single record of theirs on vinyl, including some very rare Street Team ones, but I wont since there is no picture. Sad.
Whoever said it's worth twenty bucks...you clearly don't know the value that other rare Brand New items go for (ie: original YFW vinyl or The Holiday EP).

I am going to buy blank labels, put them on some old records from the dollar bin and hand write BN - DE 1 of 5. See how much I can make, but the smart move I will do is show them photos since this seems to be the most important thing about the record. I am also gunna use the Dubmaverick system of math (there will actually be 50 "limited to 5").

Honestly just kidding, support the cause! I love what the record community has done for Doctors Without Borders. Weather the people buying these records have turn tables or not, doesn't matter. What does matter is a great community has donated these rare albums to raise money for Doctors Without Borders.