Piebald sign to Rise Records?!?!?

Seriously:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=389249&blogId=525752347

Hello friends of Piebald,

word on the street is that we are reuniting...and, while that is not quite true, we are getting together to play a show (or maybe 2) this year to celebrate the rerelease of our out-of-print catalog. "Piebald: First Ten Years" is going to be a 3 volume set of releases with 2 discs apiece that will be released on Rise Records. It will contain our first three albums, all our ep's, bsides and live gems. Volume I will be released in mid April, Volume II in mid May, and volume III in mid June. We will be playing "we are the only friends we have" from start to finish at the Bamboozle fest on may 2nd. We hope that you can come celebrate with us!!

Love,

Travis and the rest of The 'Bald

oh my god... They couldn't find a real label?

the never really ever were on a "real label." Side One Dummy was probably the biggest and Big Wheel Rec is now defunct. i don't think many labels wanted to take on this project, it's too much risk for too little gain.

but i wish they would record new material than re-release their out of print stuff most people already have.

This is partly awesome because I love piebald, but like others said. The first two albums and some eps and rarities were already reissued on barely legal/all ages. But whatever, if it exposes more people to Piebald then it's a good thing.

I'm kind of bummed that they're not recording new stuff. I didn't like the majority of their post WATOFTWH catalog, but the last album had its moments for what it was.

I'm sure they won't, but I'm going to hope that they play around this area. I never had a chance to see them.