The Ataris - Blue Skies pre order still tomorrow?

kylet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked, says there are 395 left, so don't sweat it too much, the price should keep this from selling out in the first couple of hours....my guess is 3-7 days

Yeah. I hate to say this since they are one of my favorite bands, but I don't think that their stuff is in enough demand to sell out right away.

agreed. but this anniversary release of their most popular album coinciding with the release of their new album has the potential to bring them out of the trenches they've been slumming the past few years.

I think that sales were hurt because everyone expected Devil&God today.

could also be that aside from here, I really haven't seen it advertised in a lot of places. Now, I don't frequent the Ataris website, or anything, but I'm sure there are a lot of casual fans that don't read band websites, or record message boards, that would still be interested in owning this.

I know punknews posted about the Blink pre-sale for EOTS, did they post about this yesterday? I don't remember seeing it.

I saw the Ataris on the night of the singers 21st birthday in Olympia Washington in some shitty little club. I can barely even remember that night and I was sober, damn. I'm still debating picking this up. The price is obviously a big turn off, maybe a little later tonight and I'll let the whiskey decide

• 1 month later...

It's great that when we don't hear about any problems we assume there are some. We have all been conditioned to expect delays and think that silence is someone ignoring the consumers.

I suppose though, with all of the updates about the Blink 182 records in the last 6 months, some people would start to wonder.

Hey dudes, we are also a little delayed on this record as well. I know it seems like every release lately has been delayed, but there are things out of my control that push shipment back a couple weeks. In this case, it took me a couple months to get artwork approval from the band, and we obviously couldn't move forward without that. Everything is in production and nearing completion. This will ship no later than the end of April, and I'm pushing to have things shipped sooner.

After all these delays, I'm going to focus on stricter release time frames so we avoid any delays in the future.

Thanks for your support of what we're doing! I really appreciate it!