Needed to vent...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friends, just email me or andy. We try our best to remedy every problem quickly. Do we make mistakes? Yes. Yes, we do. Do we sometimes get buried in emails? Yes. Yes we do.

To be fair the post was started by someone not receiving their Portugal vinyl which we felt really badly about, bad enough that we tried to offer the individual an out of print copy of Waiter You Vultures or Church Mouth.

I get wanting to vent (hence the title).

If anyone has a problem they need resolved just email either andy @ suburban homerecords dot com or virgil@ suburban home records dot com

thanks.

I order all the time from VC and haven't ever had a problem. I still much prefer to order here than most other distros. The bigger the company, the more they care about the bottom line over an individual customer. I've never gotten that vibe from Virgil or Andy...

Keep in mind the amount of work they do vs. the amount of people they have doing it. Stay posi.

Virgil's not just blowing smoke up people's asses about emailing him and Andy and them doing everything they can to resolve problems.

Christ i've emailed the two of them more in the last month or so than I have anybody else about one thing or another, stupid order related questions or whatever, and they've always been awesome.

I haven't read this entire thread but I really hope it hasn't turned into some kind of "lets pile on v.c." bullshit thread. they (v.c.) work their asses off and don't deserve to be dumped on.

again, I say that having not read the entire thread (so if i've missed the point forgive me)

I order all the time from VC and haven't ever had a problem. I still much prefer to order here than most other distros. The bigger the company, the more they care about the bottom line over an individual customer. I've never gotten that vibe from Virgil or Andy...

Keep in mind the amount of work they do vs. the amount of people they have doing it. Stay posi.

Yeah, like I said, Andy's always been really good about getting whatever issues I had fixed.

And I'd rather order here than through interpunk.

plus, two people I respect a lot still deal with VC; Chuck Ragan and Jacob Bannon.

I went to use the rest of my gift certificate the other day and it told me my coupon has expired, like 40 bucks left on that thing, Im not feeling the love here guys

I'd be pissed.

I'd be pissed too. Eddie, I emailed to see what happened. Hit me back on email.

ouch.

i have a couple records sitting here to send back, i'm slacking. but i've always emailed and gotten a response. they're great about fixing orders and refunding shipping prices. the packaging of records i've received in the last couple of months has been better too. separate mailers and extra cardboard. i think they've been improving!

i've had a few orders that were a little off. i kind of expect that from a distro really, especially with the amount of vinyl coming in and out of their doors on a daily basis. and especially from a smaller, family type of operation like Vinyl Collective.

i do agree that anything you ordered with a long-delayed pre order should definitely be in a box waiting for the record that's holding the whole order up. i'm glad i haven't had that problem. i could see the big xmas sales being the place where your OOP records went too, kinda sad.

I've placed 2-3 orders with VC so far and have had no issues at all. The first order took a little while to ship, but it was because of a big Xmas sale that was going on, so I totally understood the delay. Virgil's always been great and punctual about getting back to me, so I have no reason to complain.

I'd like to say I did end up just getting refunded, although Andy had offered me a copy of Waiter or Church Mouth instead. I already have both those records and thought it would be bad karma to take them just to try to flip, although I guess I could have tried to trade, but I thought it would be best incase this ended up happening to anyone else for VC to be able to offer those records to people who didn't already have them.

I knew when I started the thread that either Andy or Virgil would get back to my emails, so I didn't mean for this thread to look bad on VC although I understand that it inevitably did, I was just kinda miffed and wanted to vent. My bad, dudes.

Last time I ordered, they forgot to send my order out because I guess there was an album on there that wasn't in stock, so the whole thing got put on hold... only they forgot to send it when the out of stock record came back in.

I've been getting my stuff shipped to my parents since I'm living in an isolated area and don't want my records shipped up here and I had no way to check until I went back for Christmas but by then it had been a couple months and it still hadn't come. To their credit, they sent it out and explained everything as soon as I e-mailed them, but there were two records missing. One came shortly after the original order, but one still hadn't come after I left home a couple weeks later, and I still don't know if it ever got there. Guess I'll find out in the summer.

I had a problem with my last 3 orders from VC.

USPS lost all 3.

It's the first time that USPS lost all my orders at once (I had some lost orders in the past).

Mailed to virgil and he said me to wait one more week.

After that, I contact Virgil again (to said that I never recieved the packages)and he sent me replacements on all of my 3 orders.

The rplacements had arrieved today and all the stuff that I'd ordered was there.

Stoked with the whole package .

Virgil was very helpfull

I would like to said THANKS VIRGIl and THANKS VINYL COLLECTIVE.

BTW I paid more of 300$ on all 3 packages, so you can trust in VIRGIL and VINYL COLLECTIVE