What was your first ever record purchase?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first record that I picked up was Lawrence Arms - Apathy and Exhausion.

I got it when they were on tour for the album, and it was a copy on green.

I ended up selling it in my second last year of university because I was really low on cash. Ended up getting around $200 for it.

I was kind of sad to see it go, but definitely needed the cash. I sold most of my record collection around then. Just recently decided to start collecting again after a few years now that I'm working full-time and have money again.

Brand New's "Your Favorite Weapon" on Transluscent Blue...purchased it from the band in Atlanta at the Rufio, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday show

my parents had a Turntable and I wanted to hear the bonus track "My Nine Rides Shotgun" very badly, the alternate artwork drew me in as well though

um, i remember the first cassette tape i paid for...madonna's true blue in 1986 when i was 12.

I just bought that tape last week at Goodwill for $.10!

My first record that I bought doesn't include the $1 records that I bought at Goodwill when I first got a player (stuff like Beach Boys, Rush, Eric Clapton etc.)

I can't remember which one I actually bought, it's either:

Nodes of Ranver - S/T or

Japanther - The Operating Manual For Life on Earth (it's a 12" with an etched B-Side. I felt ripped off because there was no artwork and some drawing on the back, but the drawing's actually kind of cool)

I'd have to flip through my collection to figure this out. It had to have been at some point in 2001 maybe early 2902. I'm going to be thinking about this all day long now until I get home...

2902 was a good year for vinyl releases. ;)

First time I bought any records was a friend and I agreed on like 10 records we wanted from Havoc and bought 2 copies of each so we could get them at distro prices. We got LP's from Gasp, Aus Rotten, Nausea, Born Against, Harum Scarum, 9 Shocks, Phobia, Econochrist, etc.