Circa Survive - Blue Sky Noise

daniel

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gonna wait to order this, just cause im so low on funds right now. i hope some pressing info surfaces soon.

but regardless, im gonna get stoned as all hell and listen to this album when it comes out. the new song kicks ass!

unless there are special limited editions of vinyl thats put out by major labels, its very hard to find out pressing info from them.

so you think this is gonna be printed in abundance? i dont want to hold off now only to find out they are only pressing 1000 and then i gotta pay an assload more later.

unless there are special limited editions of vinyl thats put out by major labels, its very hard to find out pressing info from them.

so you think this is gonna be printed in abundance? i dont want to hold off now only to find out they are only pressing 1000 and then i gotta pay an assload more later.

Knowing that this is coming from Atlantic Records, Id be very suprised if this was hard to find in 2 months when the album actually comes out. Will most likely be available at every online retailer and record store in the country. If there is demand for this record and the label is out of them, they will most likely just go back and press more for retailers. As long as its available to retail (and Im about 99.99% sure it will be) then Hot Topic will carry it. Im gonna wait on this and just pick it up from a store later on.

I have a feeling most places will have this for somewhere around $20 so I dont think you overpaid.

really? i feel like $20 is alot, and its because of the digital album. probably (hopefully) it will be like $12.99 at my HT. its not a 2x12 or anything right?

Well most retailers that carry this will have it for around the same price and knowing where its coming from, I can almost guarantee it will cost more than it should.

There arent really any details tho on the LP. It might have some nice packaging or it might be 180 gram or who knows what so its hard to say if $20 is too much.

Guest lacesout

my teenage angst tells me it's just a major label motherfucker tryin'a take my money.

not really, but kind of. it'll probably be a regular weight black with the same artwork.

but then again i'm just telling myself that so i don't get my hopes up.

keep your expectations low & you'll never be disappointed!

All I want is the LP & the print, I don't want no t-shirt, canvas messenger bags or whatever else they're trying to throw at me. Hoping Esao will have some of these prints for sale on his site, just like the other two.

EDIT: Meh, taken from his site:

You can pre-order the album with a limited edition lithograph HERE. I'm NOT going to be putting any prints out myself so this is your only chance.

couple of things...

lithograph is just a fancy word for a poster printed on a nicer stock. thats all it really is. if esao does a print, and he probably will seeing as how he's done it for all the other circa-related artwork, it will be a giclee on archival paper. big difference, there. it'll also be much more expensive, im sure.

as far as the album goes, i will pick it up when i can just get the LP alone. i dont need all that other crap. besides, this album doesnt come out for another 2 months.

Guest lacesout

esao is NOT doing prints

esao.net

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

-Blue Sky Noise

Hello.

First, sorry I've been playing hookie the past few weeks, there's sort of an excuse at the bottom of this post...

But for the main meat, I'd like to say congrats and thanks to Circa Survive for having me do the artwork for their upcoming album Blue Sky Noise, being put out by Atlantic Records in April.

You can pre-order the album with a limited edition lithograph HERE. I'm NOT going to be putting any prints out myself so this is your only chance.