+/- about your day

Guest eriathomas
---- one of the yemeni-mailed bombs was targeted at the synagogue that i occasionally attend

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-1031-terror-or-chadash-20101030,0,5911977.story

That entire thing was scary, but I can't imagine how scary weird this would be.

+ Walking Dead starts tonight!

- I got a friction burn on my little toe when I slipped in the damn shower, and now it hurts like fuck to walk with my shoes on.

- I forgot my laptop at home, when I wanted to get some homework done tonight at work.

Guest markovianprocess
+ Walking Dead starts tonight!

I won't get to see this till tomorrow night, but oh man, if it's half as good as the comic book series has been so far, it will be awesome.

---- one of the yemeni-mailed bombs was targeted at the synagogue that i occasionally attend

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-1031-terror-or-chadash-20101030,0,5911977.story

oh man, thats really terrible. i cant even imagine how scary that must be.

just hits a little too close to home.

Guest eriathomas

- I spent $81 to see the doctor today without insurence.

- I need to get bloodwork done, which also costs a ton.

- If bloodwork is normal, it might mean I'm in the early stages of fibromyalgia.

+ Just got back from seeing Nazi Dust (ripped it), Oak & Bone (sooo damn good), Volcanic Slut (shred city), and Month Mind (killer 2 piece) at a storage unit that one of my bands was rehearsing in before our "slammed with school" hiatus.

- Slight case of the Fest Aids (hoarse voice).

Guest markovianprocess

+++ I quit my part-time retail job, so I won't be in at 5am on Boxing Day (and the rest of my Christmas holiday) to work during their big sale. This makes me so happy. I've been there for 4 and a half years, and I finally worked up the courage to quit.

+/- I don't have a new job lined up, it was a spur of the moment decision.

+ I've been invited to another seminar at my previous university. It's really cool because everyone else in the room already has a PhD, so I feel great being included in these things.

+ I've got today off, and I've started watching Smallville. Really enjoyed it so far.

+ New episode of Chuck and first episode of The Walking Dead still to watch.

- If bloodwork is normal, it might mean I'm in the early stages of fibromyalgia.

my mom has fibromyalgia; she's got it pretty much under control with lots of regular exercise, and diet and it's a lot better than it used to be. back when i was a kid she would be so sore/tired/achey/sick feeling that it would render her pretty much useless for long periods of time. i did a paper on it in school once and it's pretty tough to definitively diagnose it at first.

Guest eriathomas

my mom has fibromyalgia; she's got it pretty much under control with lots of regular exercise, and diet and it's a lot better than it used to be. back when i was a kid she would be so sore/tired/achey/sick feeling that it would render her pretty much useless for long periods of time. i did a paper on it in school once and it's pretty tough to definitively diagnose it at first.

He thinks I have hyper-sensitivity in my fingertips right now, which can turn into full blown fibromyalgia later in life, because they are both from overactive nerves or whatever. Glad to hear you mom has it under control, because I have heard some people have it so bad they can't function from the severe pain. Luckily he said if it is that, it's great that I'm diagnosed so early on, since it'll help keep it under control a ton better.

- Woke up with my right leg all achey.

- Feels like I didn't sleep last night.

+ Got all my Cisco homework done in good time.

+ First day at attempting to quit drinking pop/soda again. I have not had any with caffeine for over a week, so hopefully that was a good stepping stone.

+ My xbox should be back on Thursday.

Guest naytoid

--- Wife's mother is in the ICU on life support with a blood clot in the lung.

+/- Trying to take my mind off it by playing video games, but it's not helping.

Guest markovianprocess

+++ At the seminar I went to, I bumped into my previous dissertation supervisor. After catching up a bit, he suggested that we co-author a paper for publication in a journal on a similar topic I wrote my undergraduate dissertation on. I am so stoked about this, a doctor with about 40 years experience in political research wants to collaborate with me!

+++ I contacted the Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law and they said they would definitely be interested in publishing a paper on this topic.

+ My previous supervisor also suggested presenting at a conference in Oxford, England. It would be so cool to go do something like that.

+ Life is just so fucking awesome right now. I am truly blessed.

Guest errolwest

++++I wasnt sure if this was thread worthy, but goddamn did it make me happy.

+ total babe coming over to listen to records in about 15 minutes. fuck yeah.

--- Wife's mother is in the ICU on life support with a blood clot in the lung.

+/- Trying to take my mind off it by playing video games, but it's not helping.

Sorry to hear that dude, hope she gets better.

- Just lost a lot of three Hanson 7" jukebox records on ebay, and my high bid was $35!! Dangit.