+/- about your day

+ I have a job interview at a decent size IT company in the suburbs on Monday.

- Have to go out and buy clothes, since I have nothing to wear to it.

- The horrible pain in my right leg returned, and now I feel like I can barely walk. It seems to originate from the back of my knee. Hopefully it's just a cyst pushing on a nerve or vein, and not a bloodclot or worse. Will be calling my doctor on Monday after my interview. It sucks having no health insurance.

+ My Mewithyou boxset finally came today.

im not sure if this is a plus or minus, i just wanted to bring it up

but i just had to leave a bar, because a group of girls were kind of over the top hitting on me. and i easily could have brought them home (and fuckin rocked their worlds BRO), but im a faithful guy who wouldnt stray. so 15 minutes later, here i am on a record forum discussing it, waiting for my girlfriend to text me back, even though shes probably sleeping.

also,

+talked to my parents tonight about moving back home for now. until i move to indy with my gf that is. the only reason i didnt do this 14 months ago was because i couldnt have my old room back, and it would have made things very difficult on my sex life and weed habit.

now that one of the two isnt an issue at all, i think i can deal with being discrete about smoking pots while saving $400 a month.

My 2nd of 3 knee surgeries was the result of playing ice hockey already injured. The lateral motion required for skating is very hard on already weakened knees.

Gang, I'm 35 with knees like a 60 year old and it's all due to "toughing it out" as my coaches used to say. Trust me man, bow out today and you'll thank yourself later. Amateur sports are satisfying and fun but ultimately have little bearing on our longevity. It's simply not worth it. At my age with my history I play B-Ball once a week 8 months of the year and with my compounded injuries that is all my knees can handle beyond riding my bike and walking distances. Not caring for my body fully is the one real regret I have at my young age.

Take a break man, you'll be better for it.

I thought about that all night, but ended up skating. It was a pretty recreational, easy-going skate so I made it through fine. It's a little sore but I can actually bend it without as much pain as earlier in the day, but I bet that's not true in the morning. I have no hockey til Thursday so we'll see how it feels then and I'll decide again.

Luckily I don't feel any weakness or pain going side to side. If I try to pull my knee up toward my chest is when it hurts worst. I can feel my power off because of it, but it doesn't actually hurt too badly when I skate.

+ Got a free pass to the Bunbury Music Festival today. Saw Manchester Orchestra, The Gaslight Anthem and Weezer tonight!

Passed up multiple opportunities for media/photo passes for the whole weekend. Didn't feel like getting in the middle of all of it. I hear it's going pretty good though. Interested to see how it grows next year.

I thought about that all night, but ended up skating. It was a pretty recreational, easy-going skate so I made it through fine. It's a little sore but I can actually bend it without as much pain as earlier in the day, but I bet that's not true in the morning. I have no hockey til Thursday so we'll see how it feels then and I'll decide again.

Luckily I don't feel any weakness or pain going side to side. If I try to pull my knee up toward my chest is when it hurts worst. I can feel my power off because of it, but it doesn't actually hurt too badly when I skate.

I'm actually not too sore in the knee, more my shoulders, neck, back, etc. I'm getting old.

I definitely know what you mean about rec sports being not worth it. Even up into last season I was still blocking shots and going all out. I turn 26 in about 2 weeks. I've finally learned to just cover up. I wear a visor and am pretty good about covering the lower half of my face with my free hand and my toes with my stick blade. I don't go down at all anymore. I have a friend who dropped to a knee and took a puck just below his nose, but it broke his nose and ripped his face open anyway. I'll stand in, but am learning that my body isn't worth the saved goal.

Passed up multiple opportunities for media/photo passes for the whole weekend. Didn't feel like getting in the middle of all of it. I hear it's going pretty good though. Interested to see how it grows next year.

I had planned on avoiding downtown all weekend with the Reds in town, Bunbury and the end of the choir games. Got downtown about 30 after the Reds game started, and found $10 parking right off of Pete Rose Way, right behind the festival. Started walking to the car at the beginning of the encore and ran into no traffic at all. I was really surprised. Was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience.

so im technically in week number 2 of my insurance job. and last night i basically realized that this is like 1% employment, and 99% school.

-ive spent about 15 hours in the last 2 days studying to take my life insurance test tomorrow.

+which is about 9 hours more than i spent studying for it last time, when i failed by just 6 points.

-im not making any money yet. i knew this position was going to be a financial burden for a while, but now ive kind of realized the reality of how heavy it actually is.

as a result...

-again, its only week 2, and im already pushing broke

-decided to move back to my parents house until i eventually move to indy

-the plan was september... but the closer i get to september, the further the whole thing seems to possible

+even though im going back home, im leaving this house. it was fun for a while, but holy shit have my roommates gotten insufferable. 2 of them are teachers, so theyre off for the summer. the other is just unemployed. his girlfriend is also a teacher. and the others girlfriend is unemployed. and the dude who likes to pretend he lives here took a 6 month leave from work to just party. so of the 6 other people who are constantly at my house... NONE OF THEM DO ANYTHING BUT LOAF AROUND AND DRINK ALL DAY. its such a stale environment.

but back to the whole employment thing here...

-i finished college so i could get a job that pays better than $10/h. yet somehow, ive found myself back in the classroom making nothing instead.

+i still know im going to be good at this. especially since im starting to hear the subtle support and encouragement that i havent noticed with the other two people i was hired with.

-but holy hell is this a lot to handle

also...

-despite going months without seeing my girlfriend, we're only a week removed from each other, and both of us are having a much harder time being apart now than we had at any other point.

-what it all comes down to is that i just want to smoke a blunt and quit worrying for a while. but weed requires money i dont and wont have

How "friendly" were you trying to be with them exactly? You don't live in South Carolina by any chance, do you?

There's these rabbits that live in my yard and they hate me for pretty much no reason. No I don't live in South Carolina, but that state is full of lizards that also don't want to be my friend.

ive tried befriending chipmunks on numerous hikes. it never works. i get kinda close, i suppose. tryyyy building up some trust. and then woop! hes gone.

- Work sucked....nothing new there

+ Glocca Morra/Kite Party house show which drew in 2 friends from my hometown that I haven't seen in over a year

+ Peelander-Z played the venue I work at tonight with a band from Atlanta, Georgia opening for them called Tiger Tiger....

+ Tiger Tiger's bass player is married to the drummer from Mastodon....who was also there

+ The couple played their respective instruments for Peelander-Z for a song and it fucking ruled (probably the smallest crowd he's played to in years)

+ one of my old friends from my hometown apparently just moved to Birmingham and happened to be at the show tonight, so it was also rad catching up with her

- Work again in the morning

+ Even though it's kind of awkward in a funny way, one of the girls I coached last year in hockey (19-u) out of the blue asked if I was single today, which worried me what the follow-up was, but then said she had a 22-year old friend who saw me on FB and was interested.

+ She's cute, but almost intimidatingly in-shape. She looks like she's serious about running and has a better 6-pack than I ever have, and I can still pull one off once in a while when I work at it.

So there's that, we'll see where that goes.

- But my mom is not doing well at all. Incredibly weak, bed-ridden, and now has pneumonia. She was about ready to go back to Boston but the doctor is keeping her in the hospital for at least 14 more days and won't give her the OK to be driven to Boston any time soon.

++++++++++++ On Saturday night I got back from going on the mission trip with my church's youth group as a leader. We went to New Mexico and it was a great week. It's great getting to see kids that I've known for years actually getting into their faith and living it out and getting a lot out of the opportunity to serve.

+ One of my friends got married last night so I got to see a lot of my friends, and I got to stay with my grandma because it was where she lives which was great because I don't get to see her much. Also the wedding was really good.

- Super tired from the mission trip and then going out of town again right afterwards and then going to work right when I got back in town today.

- Trying to catch back up on all the happenings around here for the past 10 days.

+ Both of my summer hockey teams finished the regular season in 1st place, and I'm 2nd in scoring on both teams as a defenseman.

- I'm so sore. Wednesday was a pretty intense game, then last night it was us battling for first and the other team battling for a playoff spot, so it got chippy. I have a red line across my back from getting crosschecked at one point, but it was fun.