Cops suck.

So, I got pulled over today by one of those huge cars (WHICH I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW COULD HAPPEN).

Now, on any other day of the year, I would have been slightly speeding, but I saw a lot of cars today getting pulled over, and I decided to play it safe. Good speed limit.

Naturally curious, I started wondering what I had done to warrant getting pulled over.. Did my inspection expire? Was I out a taillight? The conversation went as follows:

Cop: *taps on window* License and Registration, please

Me: Yeah, sure. Can I ask why I'm being pulled over?

C: Yeah, you were on your cellphone

M: Uhh, no I wasn't. I have a headset in, in case I get a call *points to headset in right ear*

C: We saw you holding your phone.

M: To check the time, as my car radio is off and does not display the time.

C: Well, you also had an unsafe lane change.

M: I did? Where was this?

C: About a block back.

M: Uhm, I've been in the same lane for about a mile.

C: Yeah, back there, you swerved into another lane to avoid a car that had stopped short.

At this point, he walks away with my stuff and goes to his car. In the 10 minutes he spends there, I notice four or five cop cars speeding by with their lights on, pulling over people at the intersection. He comes back:

C: So, heres a ticket for an unsafe lane change, call up the court on Monday to figure out if you want to plead guilty or not.

M: Okay, so wait. Can you explain this to me? I got pulled over at first because you thought I was on my cell phone and now that you found out I wasn't, you gave me a ticket for an unsafe lane change because the driver in front of me stopped short on a main street and I had to swerve to avoid an accident?

C: Yes, your blinker was not on, it was an unsafe lane change.

M: So, I should have just hit that car?

*Silence*

At this point, I was pretty aggravated, so I started getting fresh.

M: Okay, thank you! I'll be sure to keep all of your helpful information in mind. Maybe you'll come and write my accident report within the next few days?

C: Have a safe drive home, enjoy your night!

M: Thank you, and you fellas enjoy meeting your quota tonight!

As I drive away, I see him pull up to the intersection, and then bank a left with the lights on to pull some other dude over.

Discuss how cops can sometimes be cool, but the majority of them suck.

Wait, you didn't think a squad car could pull you over? What other kind of police car is there, outside of an undercover car or a paddy wagon?

And yeah, cops can suck sometimes. I got pulled over a few months back because I was driving in a city foreign to me, and ended up being in a right-turn-only lane when I wanted to be going straight. I quickly merged into the left lane before the light, and then was pulled over by a cop for "reckless driving" because I supposedly cut a car off. Luckily I walked away with only a written warning, but it was still pretty lame.

When I was making my 26 hour drive from Connecticut to Missouri I got pulled over in Pennsylvania. I noticed A LOT of cops on the highway so I set the cruise control to one under the speed limit and kept in the right lane. Me and my brother laughed at all the idiots speeding and getting pulled over (there had to be at least 7 before I was pulled over).

When pulled over the cop nicely introduced himself, gave me his badge number and asked where I was heading (my car has Missouri plates on it, and I was driving west... maybe take a guess where I was going?). I told him I was going home to Missouri and that I was visiting my brother in NYC and he was making the drive back with me. He then informs me I was being pulled over for having "Illegal Tints" on my Trailblazer (which are legal in both CT and MO where I split a lot of my time). I asked him how local jurisdiction applies to an out of state car, which he was not able to answer. He takes all of my information, my brothers and goes back to his car.

20 minutes pass, and another 4 cops show up.

When he comes back to my car he is very confused as to why I have a CT license, Missouri registration, insurance from CT and a brother in NYC. He pulls me out of the car and lectures me on my tints and having all of my information from all over the place (nothing in "law" says this is unacceptable). He asks me a bit more about my trip, asks why I'm shivering (it's 3 fucking degrees outside) and lectures me more only to shake my hand and say have a safe trip.

Not done. As I'm getting back in the car I hear "Dave, can I ask you one more question about your trip?"

I say sure and walk back over to him. The first thing he asks me is where my drugs, money and weapons are. I notice another cop walk back over to my car and start asking my brother questions. He asks 5 times if he can search my car and I just kept asking him why tinted windows meant drugs. At this point he is pissing me off, I'm freezing and he has now wasted an hour of my time. He insists I have drugs, and he has a drug dog in the car. I say fine go ahead. The other cop comes over with my brother and tells the other cop that my brother is a recovering drug addict, but has been clean for 6 months and starts laughing, at to that my brother pulls out his 6 month chip from his MAA meetings. We both get searched and I get cuffed (don't know why still) and walked a quarter mile down the road to sit on the gaurd rail and wait.

Me and my brother are furious cause it's 3 degrees outside, but all we can do is laugh, which pissed the cops off more. After an hour of a dog jumping through my car and them tearing it apart, they find nothing. They come back, make me put all my belongings back in the car and tell me I'm good to go. As I'm about to pull away the cop comes to my window and says "Sorry about all of this, but don't tell anyone. This never happened" My leather seats were covered in rock salt from the dogs feet, shit still won't come off.

In conclusion, FUCK PA Staties. When I drive back I'm going around your huge, boring fucking state. /novel.

A few weeks ago I was driving to work when I got pulled over by the cops. I wasn't sure why as I definitely was not speeding and not talking on my cell phone. It turns out I forgot to renew my insurance that ran out about 4 days prior. But instead of giving me a $600 ticket and towing my car, I hop in the backseat and they drive me to an insurance dealer that's open on Sunday so I could renew it.

Cops suck, but sometimes they're okay.

A few weeks ago I was driving to work when I got pulled over by the cops. I wasn't sure why as I definitely was not speeding and not talking on my cell phone. It turns out I forgot to renew my insurance that ran out about 4 days prior. But instead of giving me a $600 ticket and towing my car, I hop in the backseat and they drive me to an insurance dealer that's open on Sunday so I could renew it.

Cops suck, but sometimes they're okay.

So.. you got in the back seat of a horse?

[image]

Got pulled over on my bike tonight while riding home. No helmet and no front reflector. $100 fine. Ends up giving me a warning. Then tells me about how they are cracking down on crime in the area and asks me to keep an eye out and gives me a business card with general police numbers on it. All in all the guy was nice. It was annoying but I can't complain too much since it was just a warning.

Guest adam526
Got pulled over on my bike tonight while riding home. No helmet and no front reflector. $100 fine. Ends up giving me a warning. Then tells me about how they are cracking down on crime in the area and asks me to keep an eye out and gives me a business card with general police numbers on it. All in all the guy was nice. It was annoying but I can't complain too much since it was just a warning.

How old are you where you can get a freakin' ticket for not wearing a helmet? Unless by 'bike' you mean motorcycle.

Wait, you didn't think a squad car could pull you over? What other kind of police car is there, outside of an undercover car or a paddy wagon?

Just noticed how I worded it, and I wasn't thinking correctly.

It looked like this:

[image]

I dunno what you'd call it.

How old are you where you can get a freakin' ticket for not wearing a helmet? Unless by 'bike' you mean motorcycle.

I'm 24 and I was on a bicycle

Guest adam526

I'm 24 and I was on a bicycle

...and you can get a ticket for not wearing a helmet?

Here in LA, if you're over 18, no helmet = no care.

Only time i've ever had issues with police was when i was in New Zealand in 2004, my plane happened to arrive at the terminal when they were doing some sort of sniffer dog/handler training drill and just looking at the dog was enough to get me hauled out of the crowd of arriving passengers as we got off the plane.

I was sat down by a cop and told that i looked nervous when i saw the dog (a fair reason for singling me out) and why that was. The only answer i could think of was that i'd just gotten off a 26hr flight and straight into a full blown police exercise. Anyways the next half hour was spent sat in an empty departure lounge being asked if i was carrying drugs, any denial i made was met like talking to a brick wall, the guy basically spent the time telling me i have to admit it and asking what my drug taking habits were at the time.

After that i was taken - officer on each side - through passport control and baggage claim before having every the contents of every bag i was carrying taken apart piece by piece, they even went as far as to saw in half one of the ski poles i was carrying to make sure nothing was stashed in there. Once they'd found nothing i was left to pack everything up and go on my way. Total bullshit, i ended up staying an extra day in christchurch to complain about how it was handled, but obviously, nothing was done.

Only time i've ever had issues with police was when i was in New Zealand in 2004, my plane happened to arrive at the terminal when they were doing some sort of sniffer dog/handler training drill and just looking at the dog was enough to get me hauled out of the crowd of arriving passengers as we got off the plane.

I was sat down by a cop and told that i looked nervous when i saw the dog (a fair reason for singling me out) and why that was. The only answer i could think of was that i'd just gotten off a 26hr flight and straight into a full blown police exercise. Anyways the next half hour was spent sat in an empty departure lounge being asked if i was carrying drugs, any denial i made was met like talking to a brick wall, the guy basically spent the time telling me i have to admit it and asking what my drug taking habits were at the time.

After that i was taken - officer on each side - through passport control and baggage claim before having every the contents of every bag i was carrying taken apart piece by piece, they even went as far as to saw in half one of the ski poles i was carrying to make sure nothing was stashed in there. Once they'd found nothing i was left to pack everything up and go on my way. Total bullshit, i ended up staying an extra day in christchurch to complain about how it was handled, but obviously, nothing was done.

Maybe if you didn't smoke so much pot you wouldn't be so paranoid and they wouldn't have seen you staring at the dog.

fourfourtwo, I hope you fight this in court, I mean make a huge fucking spectacle out of this. Bring down the entire system, or just make the officer look like a douchebag.

Dave In, did you know as an absolute fact your brother had NO drugs on him? Even if he is a recovering addict he is still an addict, you should have made them come back with a warrant or some shit not just to force them into inconvenience or giving up but protecting your brother on the offchance his recovery isn't going as well as you think. ( not knocking your brother or anything but people fuck up and it would blow to be 6 months sober, slip up once and end up in jail because some cop who has never left PA in his life can't comprehend the concept of living in 2 places and having people you know live in a 3rd)

When I was making my 26 hour drive from Connecticut to Missouri I got pulled over in Pennsylvania. I noticed A LOT of cops on the highway so I set the cruise control to one under the speed limit and kept in the right lane. Me and my brother laughed at all the idiots speeding and getting pulled over (there had to be at least 7 before I was pulled over).

When pulled over the cop nicely introduced himself, gave me his badge number and asked where I was heading (my car has Missouri plates on it, and I was driving west... maybe take a guess where I was going?). I told him I was going home to Missouri and that I was visiting my brother in NYC and he was making the drive back with me. He then informs me I was being pulled over for having "Illegal Tints" on my Trailblazer (which are legal in both CT and MO where I split a lot of my time). I asked him how local jurisdiction applies to an out of state car, which he was not able to answer. He takes all of my information, my brothers and goes back to his car.

20 minutes pass, and another 4 cops show up.

When he comes back to my car he is very confused as to why I have a CT license, Missouri registration, insurance from CT and a brother in NYC. He pulls me out of the car and lectures me on my tints and having all of my information from all over the place (nothing in "law" says this is unacceptable). He asks me a bit more about my trip, asks why I'm shivering (it's 3 fucking degrees outside) and lectures me more only to shake my hand and say have a safe trip.

Not done. As I'm getting back in the car I hear "Dave, can I ask you one more question about your trip?"

I say sure and walk back over to him. The first thing he asks me is where my drugs, money and weapons are. I notice another cop walk back over to my car and start asking my brother questions. He asks 5 times if he can search my car and I just kept asking him why tinted windows meant drugs. At this point he is pissing me off, I'm freezing and he has now wasted an hour of my time. He insists I have drugs, and he has a drug dog in the car. I say fine go ahead. The other cop comes over with my brother and tells the other cop that my brother is a recovering drug addict, but has been clean for 6 months and starts laughing, at to that my brother pulls out his 6 month chip from his MAA meetings. We both get searched and I get cuffed (don't know why still) and walked a quarter mile down the road to sit on the gaurd rail and wait.

Me and my brother are furious cause it's 3 degrees outside, but all we can do is laugh, which pissed the cops off more. After an hour of a dog jumping through my car and them tearing it apart, they find nothing. They come back, make me put all my belongings back in the car and tell me I'm good to go. As I'm about to pull away the cop comes to my window and says "Sorry about all of this, but don't tell anyone. This never happened" My leather seats were covered in rock salt from the dogs feet, shit still won't come off.

In conclusion, FUCK PA Staties. When I drive back I'm going around your huge, boring fucking state. /novel.

Nothing about this story is surprising. As soon as I read you were pulled over for illegal tints I already knew the rest of the story. I know a few cops in PA and they target vehicles that have tinted front windows because 90% of the time it is a drug dealer. It also doesn't help your case that you guys told the cops that your brother was a recovering addict. It sucks for you, but it sounds like you fit the profile.

I don't know why they would tell you "this never happened". It sounds like they did everything by the book.

Dave In, did you know as an absolute fact your brother had NO drugs on him? Even if he is a recovering addict he is still an addict, you should have made them come back with a warrant or some shit not just to force them into inconvenience or giving up but protecting your brother on the offchance his recovery isn't going as well as you think. ( not knocking your brother or anything but people fuck up and it would blow to be 6 months sober, slip up once and end up in jail because some cop who has never left PA in his life can't comprehend the concept of living in 2 places and having people you know live in a 3rd)

Yea, absolutely positive. You don't have to tell me he is still an addict and everything else you just said. I'm well aware of all of it, but thanks for the reassurance that drug addicts are fuck ups. Dick.

Nothing about this story is surprising. As soon as I read you were pulled over for illegal tints I already knew the rest of the story. I know a few cops in PA and they target vehicles that have tinted front windows because 90% of the time it is a drug dealer. It also doesn't help your case that you guys told the cops that your brother was a recovering addict. It sucks for you, but it sounds like you fit the profile.

I don't know why they would tell you "this never happened". It sounds like they did everything by the book.

No, my brother told the cops, not me. He told the cops because when looking in my back windows they saw luggage with florida tags on them. They asked him who was in Florida and why. So my brother told them the truth. He was in Florida for rehab back in july and august. Thats how they found out. I still don't agree with profiling. But thats a whole different conversation.

As far as "This never happened", I'm not sure, maybe because they broke shit in my car or he was just trying to scare me or something. One of the first things he said was that he had a dashboard camera that was recording the entire stop. So maybe he was going to be destroying the footage or something? Either way, I still hate PA for being so long and boring to drive through.

I got pulled over a week or two ago for going like 45 in a 30 but the officer was really nice. He didn't give me a ticket for speeding, but the inspection on the car was 6 months overdue. I really didn't notice that, so I feel like an idiot. It's an $85 ticket and $75 surcharge, which is stupid. It was my mom's car, so he said, "tell her to take care of this and save yourself some money." I laughed and said I would, but if you've noticed my posts lately, my mom is in the hospital and I pay all her bills, soooooooo.. I have to pay this anyway.