ATTN SCOTT!!! RE: AP DRAMA!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude what is going on between tom gabel and jason p. @ AP on twitterverse?

DRAMA?!

CONTREVERSEY?!

Jason wrote this over a week ago:

http://twitter.com/ptgrw/status/9644961554

Then yesterday, out of the blue, Tom wrote back with this:

http://twitter.com/tommygabel/status/9870425737

So Jason replied with this:

http://twitter.com/ptgrw/status/9880557209

It might seem petty, but it all boils down to Tom having no respect for a publication that's put his face on the cover TWICE. The phrase "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind.

tom was probably bummed at how shitty that kid from never shout never's haircut is on the new ap cover.

altho... the AJJ interview might possibly be the best thing i've ever read in AP... so good.

I never in my life thought I'd get to type up the quote "I don't wanna get Dimebagged!" Thanks, Sean Bonnette!

It might seem petty, but it all boils down to Tom having no respect for a publication that's put his face on the cover TWICE. The phrase "don't shit where you eat" comes to mind.

Now, Scott, lets be honest here AP puts Tom on the cover just as much as Tom wants to be on the cover. Its a two-way street, AP sells magazines because Tom is on the cover, Tom sells records because AP puts him on the cover. Seems both entities are "shitting where they eat" as you put it. And frankly, your EIC started it and it strikes me as extremely childish on his part.

Now, Scott, lets be honest here AP puts Tom on the cover just as much as Tom wants to be on the cover. Its a two-way street, AP sells magazines because Tom is on the cover, Tom sells records because AP puts him on the cover. Seems both entities are "shitting where they eat" as you put it. And frankly, your EIC started it and it strikes me as extremely childish on his part.

Trust me, putting Tom Gabel on the cover of AP does not sell magazines. The AM! cover was one of our worst-selling issues in years and years.

Trust me, putting Tom Gabel on the cover of AP does not sell magazines. The AM! cover was one of our worst-selling issues in years and years.

So you did it for shits and grins? I'm going out on a limb and saying AP has a reason for each and every person who's on the cover. Whether its to sell, to gain "cred" or whatever, there's a reason beyond doing someone a solid.

So you did it for shits and grins? I'm going out on a limb and saying AP has a reason for each and every person who's on the cover. Whether its to sell, to gain "cred" or whatever, there's a reason beyond doing someone a solid.

They've got to have something to put on their Fest ad that says 'We know AP isn't cool'.

(This is just a joke btw. I don't read AP, but at the same time it doesn't matter two shits to me what music it covers. Scott seems like a cool enough dude so I'm not jabbing at him or anything.)

Funny, it was the only one I've ever bought.

For what it's worth, the only issue of AP I've bought in years and years was the Against Me! cover. So even if the cover doesn't do it for some, it got my money. (Tom looking like a pedo on the cover probably didn't help it. He doesn't look right with facial hair.)

But I used to buy pretty much every magazine with Against Me! on the cover.