Off with their heads banned from HOB anaheim?

You would think it would help them sell more Alice In Wonderland merch.

Im going to Anaheim on 4/2 for BR and was totally looking forward to seeing OWTH open til the other day when my friend at Epitaph told me they got banned from Disney. Funny that they are banned but a band with a crossed-out cross for their logo is totally acceptable.

New OWTH album rules by the way.

Funny that they are banned but a band with a crossed-out cross for their logo is totally acceptable.

Tha's what I was thinking. I am not surprised at all that Disney is doing this, just that OWTH is the band involved. So many other bands have played HOB's on Disney property before, it doesn't make sense.

If Bad Religion threatened to cancel the show they'd play period.

BR plays HOB all over the country and make them a shit load of money, therefore they aren't banned, but a low level band like OWTH can be picked on because there are no repercussions, what are they going to do, sue Disney?

It's a double standard and it's bullshit, the minute OWTH, if ever, get to be a HOB headline level band, Disney will pretend it never happened.

I remember Gallows was opening for Social D at the Downtown Disney HOB a couple years ago and I found out day of the show that Gallows got banned from there as well.

Apparently they ban bands for lyrical content. They just pick and choose who they want to ban tho, some bands they let slide, some bands they bring the ban hammer out for.

that slidebar show is on the 2nd. go to the broadway calls / cobra skulls show at the roxy on the 1st.

i'm thinking of going to both

oh yea, cool. how was that Dead to Me show? I saw Rocky Votolato last weekend in Upland and it was kinda of a let down.

it was pretty good. devin seemed to mess up (a couple times on lyrics) more times than the new drummer for cobra skulls

dead to me was great, seemed to be half cuban ballerina, half african elephants and what seemed to be all of little brother except for little brother

got a print for $7

[image]

Disney doesn't want people to get the wrong impression about their movie Alice in Wonderland. Also their lyrics of course got them banned. But I'm on the same level of confusion here why let Alkaline Trio, Bad Religon, NOFX and others play when they are just as bad if not worse.

If it's about money why ban Screeching Weasel and other money makers? Meanwhile they have a Lebowski Fest at the Orlando HOB...doesn't make sense.

I just noticed that they are playing in sd on april 2nd with dear landlord so all is forgiven

that show was here last week. great show, but really short sets. they both only played 25-30 minutes.

to be fair, DL only has maybe 30 minutes of songs and OWTH almost always plays shorter sets