new against me! leaked

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like White Crosses much for some reason. I like Teenage Anarchist except for the part where the music cuts out and he says "The revolution was a lie" like it's the most profound statement ever. It just bugs me. Suffocation is pretty solid.

It's the climax of the song. I think the music cutting out is fitting.

Meh, he completely misses the point. With the whole tattoo artist analogy, say your tattoo artist decided he was only going to a certain style of tattoo because that was popular and would further his career, and he wasn't going to do your tattoos anymore. Then people would not be okay with it. This isn't Eternal Cowboy era Against Me! wanting to sell out stadiums. The music is boring and overproduced, but that's the shit that will sell out stadiums. And I'm not saying that AM! necessarily changed their music just to get more popular, but that's how a lot of people feel. There will always be naysayers, but there wouldn't be as many people complaining if the band at all remained 'punk' but was still trying to make it big.

Rolling Stone had this coming out in June. Their website now lists May as the release date - I wonder if this leak has bumped it up.

It will be interesting to see how the songs translate live. They are playing smallish venues in April. The Town Ballroom in Buffalo on the 24th (last couple of related shows there have been NOFX and Bouncing Souls). I have a feeling they will still be the same band live. When I heard up the cuts live and then on CD it was like night and day.