Cokie The Clown @ SXSW

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a copy of the video from start to finish yesterday and I'm still in shock today. It's just so odd to see a serious side to Fat Mike, and some of those stories...

I didn't understand the idiots who kept on yelling shit (many of whom were very close to me). The part where Mike talks about his friend Jerry and someone yells out, "JERRY ONLY!" that guy was right next to me. The crowd turned on him as soon as Mike punked him out onstage; a fight almost broke out.

http://www.pinpointmusic.com/cokie-the-clown-sxsw-2010-fat-mike/

Review of the set. The dude shares some of the stories Mike told to the best of his memory.

Not sure how I feel about this.

He missed a few details here and there, but he got the bulk of the stories correct. There was also one about the first two times Mike drank piss (the first being tied up in a bathtub with a dominatrix peeing on him, the second being on a fire escape in LA at 6 in the morning and explaining how he "sucked it right from her peehole").

http://www.pinpointmusic.com/cokie-the-clown-sxsw-2010-fat-mike/

Review of the set. The dude shares some of the stories Mike told to the best of his memory.

Not sure how I feel about this.

He missed a few details here and there, but he got the bulk of the stories correct. There was also one about the first two times Mike drank piss (the first being tied up in a bathtub with a dominatrix peeing on him, the second being on a fire escape in LA at 6 in the morning and explaining how he "sucked it right from her peehole").

:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X:-X

i laughed when he spoke of hogtying a woman and milking her tits to make a white russian. most of these stories seem true with a bit of exaggeration thrown in for some finesse. But i can't deny their authenticity speaking that i've been in a few of those situations myself.

The third one is down "due to copyright claim by Fat Wreck Chords".

They're all gone now. I was told that Mike doesn't want any videos on YouTube, which is pretty lame, considering it was a public performance, not a private rehearsal or soundcheck. But it is what it is, I guess.

i dont know... i think it kind of adds to the mysterious/weird/what the fuck-ness about the whole situation. if you were there, you saw it, and if not, you have to rely on stories and reviews and so forth, which adds another level to it. regardless of what i think about the performance, its fucking interesting.

Hey everyone. I'm Ben from Pinpoint Music; the guy who did the review. Thanks for reminding me about the pissing on in a bathtub story (I guess thank you?). I actually was talking to one of Mike's guests about the validity of all the other bullshit during that so I missed the details. If you want to help fill in the gaps I'll get it in the review (http://www.pinpointmusic.com/cokie-the-clown-sxsw-2010-fat-mike).

Otherwise all I can tell you is I really really doubt the piss thing was fake. I mean could it be, sure? But I've got a picture of him pissing on my website. So that's either the realist looking fake dick ever, or it's real.

Honestly it was a sad sad night. I wouldn't doubt if Mike is in a real bad place right now. I almost feel like this is his cry for help before something much worse and much more permanent.

Hey Ben, the other thing you should clarify is his rape story. It was in 1984 (I believe) and he and Melvin were going to see the Vandals at a club. They didn't actually see a girl get raped; they just passed a girl being carried down the stairs by a punk gang member, and when they passed each other in the hallway, she grabbed onto them and said, "Help me," but the gang member threatened them so they went upstairs to watch the show.

Hey Ben, the other thing you should clarify is his rape story. It was in 1984 (I believe) and he and Melvin were going to see the Vandals at a club. They didn't actually see a girl get raped; they just passed a girl being carried down the stairs by a punk gang member, and when they passed each other in the hallway, she grabbed onto them and said, "Help me," but the gang member threatened them so they went upstairs to watch the show.

Another reason to hate the Vandals IMO.

JK