CONVERGE - JANE DOE Repress & Reissue & More Official Thread!

I can still remember the day I brought this home and put it on the turntable. It was a sunny day two houses ago. The next day I taped it, put it in my car and was rolling around. I saw a friend and said hi and he was rocking it in his car too. Then I stopped at Wax Trax in Boulder (RIP) where I had bought it the day before and when I walked in the door they were rocking it in there too. I just remember thinking "damn, every kind of person likes this record." Little did I know...

I had just started my first year of college and met some dudes in my program who weren't from the city and were into punk bands, so I took them down to one of the record stores. I didn't know that it had come out yet and when I saw it in the new releases section I almost pooped my pants.

I was rocking it in my discman on the subway back to school and I let the other guys have a listen. They couldn't even believe there were bands making music like that, hahaha.

'We thought you would be delighted to know that your MerchNow order has shipped! To track your order's progress please use the tracking number & link provided below.

Please Note : If you have chosen Media Mail it can take 2-7+ business days for delivery and tracking info is not always updated!'

Awesome thing to find in my inbox after a crazy night @ work. Thanks EVR for the antistress!!!! I already forgot how my thankless job being a waitress made me feel tonight ;)

It was a sunny morning in April. I had just arrived home from an exhausting night-shift, and logged onto VC to scope for the latest flip opportunity. Lo and behold: JANE DOE REPRESS UP NO APRIL FOOLS. Now, I wasn't sure whether "Jane Doe" was the name of a band, an album, or some idiotic rap artist. But folks were shitting bricks over it, so it seemed like something to check out. I knew that a lot of scene vinyl kids raved about Deathwish and their e-store, so I hit that up. It didn't take long for me to reach for my wallet. Limited vinyl? Three color variants? Sign me up!

I remember I was a little hesitant when I checked out with the 30 copies in my basket. At $22 a pop, I was hoping that I had grabbed at least a dozen rare variants or so. Nothing's worse than taking a hit on a dud release, amirite? A little later that night, when contemplating what I had just spent $700+ on, I decided I'd check out the album just for kicks. What harm could it do, right?

Wrong.

Dead wrong.

I don't know how you kids can listen to this shit. I had to stop two tracks in. And they were fairly short tracks, praise God. Prior to that evening, I hadn't heard anything I could call an "audible migraine". But all of that changed within four minutes or so.

This doesn't really matter, though: as long as you guys blow your hard-earned allowance or minimum wages on eBay variants, I couldn't care less. My iPad won't pay for itself.

It was a sunny morning in April. I had just arrived home from an exhausting night-shift, and logged onto VC to scope for the latest flip opportunity. Lo and behold: JANE DOE REPRESS UP NO APRIL FOOLS. Now, I wasn't sure whether "Jane Doe" was the name of a band, an album, or some idiotic rap artist. But folks were shitting bricks over it, so it seemed like something to check out. I knew that a lot of scene vinyl kids raved about Deathwish and their e-store, so I hit that up. It didn't take long for me to reach for my wallet. Limited vinyl? Three color variants? Sign me up!

I remember I was a little hesitant when I checked out with the 30 copies in my basket. At $22 a pop, I was hoping that I had grabbed at least a dozen rare variants or so. Nothing's worse than taking a hit on a dud release, amirite? A little later that night, when contemplating what I had just spent $700+ on, I decided I'd check out the album just for kicks. What harm could it do, right?

Wrong.

Dead wrong.

I don't know how you kids can listen to this shit. I had to stop two tracks in. And they were fairly short tracks, praise God. Prior to that evening, I hadn't heard anything I could call an "audible migraine". But all of that changed within four minutes or so.

This doesn't really matter, though: as long as you guys blow your hard-earned allowance or minimum wages on eBay variants, I couldn't care less. My iPad won't pay for itself.

Cool story, bro.

Guest afsdan
I have to say i'm kind of disappointed in the book.

whats the point if you can't actually read the lyrics ? I mean I get the aesthetic aspect of it but still.

holy shit dude

I have to say i'm kind of disappointed in the book.

whats the point if you can't actually read the lyrics ? I mean I get the aesthetic aspect of it but still.

So would you rather have no booklet?

well like i said it definitely has aesthetic appeal to it....

I would just like to be able to read the lyrics. the book itself is awesome it's great.